LanParty UT-250GB soon!

Originally posted by Angry_Games

why doncha take your pb discussion into off-topic

this thread is for the NF3 board not punkbuster

Yeah you are right. The PB thing started out as a possible issue with the A64 NF3 MB's

and the Gart driver and just kinda rolled downhill into off topic from there lol.

Viper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably a unanswerable question at this point but I will toss it out anyway.

Does anyone know if the on board Vdimm power supply gets it input from the 3.3v

rail and 5V rail. If it gets it input from the 3.3v rail then modding the MB for more

Vdimm is pointless and the OZC Booster will have to be used. If the Vdimm PS gets

it input from the 5v rail like the DFI NFII MB's then Vdimm mod is a snap .

Viper

our boards have been getting the vdimm off the 5v rail since the first LPA NF2 so I assume it will be the same but lemme see if i can find out

Cool and thanks AG. Will be waiting with Bated Breath.

Viper

I noticed in the specs that firewire is listed as optional. What does this really mean? Do some boards ship with it and some without? If so, how do you tell the difference?

To me, an option would be something you could buy separately and add on yourself. But I don't see how you can do that with a MB! :)

I have heard that if we need to RMA this board, we would go directly to DFI- is that true? I am a little concerned with this company Gameve as far as customer service goes- when you call them they sound like they are answering there phone at home...lol. My first post here thanks.

you must always return your board for RMA while there is a return period from the vendor/retailer that you purchased from.

after that return period is over, you will have to deal directly with DFI.

GameVE has always been a great company for me to purcahse from. I've ordered many many items from them and never had any reason to suspect that they were 'micky mouse' nor 'fly by night'.

GameVE has always been a great company for me to purcahse from. I've ordered many many items from them and never had any reason to suspect that they were 'micky mouse' nor 'fly by night'.

I've had good experiences with GameVE as well.

Viper

Originally posted by GreyBeard

I noticed in the specs that firewire is listed as optional. What does this really mean? Do some boards ship with it and some without? If so, how do you tell the difference?

To me, an option would be something you could buy separately and add on yourself. But I don't see how you can do that with a MB! :)

AG/RG, any info on the firewire? Thanks.

far as i know Firewire is on the board. I don't know much more than you guys do at this moment as neither RG nor I have one of these boards in hand, and I hate speculating.

there is a manual for the board to download but I am hesitant to even use that as a basis as things could change rapidly from now until the time the boards actually make it out of the factory and show up on our shores (its happened before lol).