Sil3114 chip

Originally posted by soundx98

Dang those people in Illi-noise are smart.

Whymeintrouble is absolutely correct. Yes TCQ - my bad

hmmm, prolly a down-stater

actually Chicago's SW suburbs :D

cOriginally posted by Cantankerous

so what exactly does this TCQ do and is it even being utilized by the 3114 controller?

It is the same thing as NCQ, except it is used for drives that aren't actually all SATA, the controller(if I recall correctly) is actually an IDE controller on the drive, then they convert it over to a sata signal from there. Please someone correct me if I made a mistake, but I think that should be the basics of it.

here are some links for those who want to know more :

WD PDF on TCQ

Storagereview.com TCQ comparison

Storagereview.com review of 74GB Raptor

• 2 months later...

I've got a Diamond max 10 16mb 300 gig drive. the DFI wont recognize it as a 300 gig, only 128gig?? I pulled out my 74 gig Raptors in a raid 0 to go in another rig for a single 300 gig maxline. I've got one of the drives in a Intel rig and it recognizes fine. Any one have any clues or tips?? Even after im in windows Nothing will let me see it anything other than a 128gig drive even fireing up Partition magic 8, or windows HD "MANAGE"

Is anyone running the Maxline III in a DFI lanparty 250 UT??

Im new to these forums here, but far from new. A few might of you might know me as a mod @ xtreme, and everywhere else.

i've got a 2nd one brand new. Maybe if i set them up as a raid array it might recognize both??

shot in the dark but could this be the 137G limit without 48bit LBA dealy thinger mabob? I believe You do need SP1(a) installed for it to recognize drives larger than 137G.

Welcome to the forums man! Hope you can find the solution.

3400dtr A64@ 3ghz, Vapochill Lightspeed, EVGA limited edition 256mb @ 480core 1250 mem
- w00tala