No Post , help please

Well, where do i start.

First i had a OCZ 512mb PC3200 400mhz stick in my machine and with doom3 comin up i thought why not buy another stick of 512mb ram.

But this time, buying cheap instead of spending £120, i spent £60 on Crucial 512mb PC3200 ram.

Took a while to play with the timings to make sure games worked ok.

They were ish , random restarts, quite alot.

No error messege of anykind.

Then, one day it reset, when i turned it on, it wouldnt post at all.

But all the fans , hdd'ss , are moving and i have 1+2+3 led's lit.

Adivise please?

Thanks.

My Spec:-

Athlon 3200+

512mb OCZ PC3200

512mb Crucial PC3200

120gb Maxtor Diamond Max 9 Sata

80gb Seagate Drive

Lanparty Ultra B

:)

two different rams and corrupted the bios. The rebooting and such was a signal that it hated them but?

Try remove battery and A/c power cord from Power supply and let sit more than 10 hours and it might heal itself.

Contact DFI regional offices your sector of the world and arrange for uncorrupted bios.

Order pre-flashed Bios Savior from Ekidata and use it to reflash your dorked bios chip.

Hot flash the current non-working bios chip on another motherboard using the same size 4mb bios chip.

Sincerely, RGone...

I thought that but , i got a timing that were perfect and there were no black lines in games and things ran smoothly , for a while at least, till i got doom3 (shh) and game crashed at startup and reset.

Then the whole resetting process started again.

I shall try the leaving it off for 10hours.

What if i stick another CMOS battery from my old Abit NF7 motherboard?

(I dont use that anymore)

...nothing to do with another battery. I have no idea in this life of the next why Nvidia would ever build nor why most would buy the type of chipset that can reverse flash itself and create the so-called corrupted bios condition. Now that aside since I have some and many do; it gets to the point of you learning to protect your ownself with a bios savior or spare bios chip or the like. Also that when you get warnings> they are not just for fun but mean something overall.

Many buy these boards and learn the hard way but the information of what or what not to do has been chronicled and even chronicled again in these forums. I really don't have any other way to put the simple facts.

Yes, take the battery out and leave it out with the Clear CMOS jumper on the 'clear' pins and A/c unhooked for a minimum of 5 hours and those I have seen writing that they have had this and have never failed to recover from it leave the battery out for like 24 hours. I have no logcial explanation for even needing to do so, but that is what many say.

Try it and see if you can get back up and do something about the memory mis-match if possible. Are you on bios 6/19 the latest official? Might need to get it back up and flash to that.

Sincerely, RGone...

The socket in the Celery is not be able to access the full 4mb and since you are trying to flash an AMD/NF2 BIOS on an Intel board you are SOL because the PLCC32 chips have different pin orientations on the EPROM sockets on the Intel. So even though the chip may fit you are out of luck!

I made a bad mistake here...

I thought u were talking about the CMOS battery chip.

So i took that out stuck it in the celeron machine , flashed it to the dfi bios, and .... Geuss . that machine is fooked also.

But all is not lost , i dug out my Abit NF7-s Rev 2 motherboard which i thought was dead is actualy working.

So, now just a case of fixing the dfi one.

I think youll have to post pics for me , or a guide on a web :|

...based on what you said you have done> it scares me. Maybe you should contact DFI your local area and arrange for a preflashed bios chip? I cannot begin to guess!

Here is a very informative page BUT NOTHING that has not been written at least 5 or 6 times in this forum. It does have very eye-catching black print on green background though!

Copied from that page and pasted here is the meat of the matter!

"""A chip-puller tool is recommend for Hot-Flashing.

If you don't have a chip puller tool, prior to booting your friend's system, remove the BIOS chip from your friend's motherboard - you can use a straightened paperclip with a small bend at the end to reach under the removal points on opposite corners of the chip. Place two pieces of fishing line or dental floss diagonally under the chip, with ends long enough to pull with your fingers. Reinstall the chip. This will facilitate easy removal for your Hot-Flash - you can simply pull up on the fishing line or dental floss to remove the chip.

Boot your friend's system with your BIOS flash diskette. At the DOS "A>" prompt, gently remove the chip from your friend's motherboard and replace it with your chip. Take extra care that you do not bend any of the pins on the chip or touch any of the contacts with a metal tool. Carefully insert your corrupted chip, aligning the chip in the same manner as the chip you removed. Then you flash your chip using the command:

AWDFLASH.EXE xxxxxx.BIN /CC /CD /CP /F /PY /SN

Do not include the "/R" command switch as listed in the first section. When you receive the "Press F1 to reboot" message, shut your friend's system down. You do not want to reboot your chip on your friend's system unless it is exactly the same model and revision motherboard! Replace your friend's chip and then replace your own chip in your system. Continue with the above instructions to clear your CMOS settings in order to complete your recovery. """ END PASTE...

In the whole of that article are numerous links to information and undestanding and recommends for Bios Savior and spare bios chip and man just a ton of information.

See if the "hot-flash" is better understood and something you now still want to do?

Sincerely, RGone...