New Mobile Barton 2500 - IQYHA 0408 RPMW

Katch

...would not satisfy you at 240FSB? Humh? You then are in for some hard times until you find at a pretty hefty price, some BH-5 or get lucky with some of the later stuff.

Link you posted was not BH-5 was my guess since 'real' kingston PC3200 was listed as Cas2.0. And one more thing I will add as the Kingston PC3000 which so many believe to be BH-5 and is under the blue heatspreader> all seem to give problems that my REAL PC3200 from Kingston do not give me but will do the 250FSB.

One other thing and that is that time marches on for finding 'new' BH-5 leftover. Time is the enemy of finding it new. Then when you get it and only buy a couple of sticks to try and there is no 'huge stockpile' to choose from> you may still not make it to 250FSB. Your board should have from the 'thoughts' of most> be doing more than 180FSB now with the memory in it>>BUT it is not!!! There are some boards that just 'won't' do a huge FSB and you may have one. Then what? The board cannot be checked now for true "fitness" because you do not have 200FSB memory or a 200FSB cpu!!!

Why do I go to such lengths? Because if 240FSB would not satisfy you and it would many in your position> you are setting yourself up for a huge dissappointment if every thing else you buy at pretty hefty expense> does not run 250. You are in a bad spot.

Think on it. It is a truth of running things out of spec and the 'goals' we set for ourselves. They can make us very unhappy.

Sncerely, RGone...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware of this, and yes, in truth a 240FSB would be more than enough. But you have to set yourself challenging goals or life becomes too easy.

When the time comes, and I have some quality RAM I also have the old LP A+ sitting around to swap test with. As a point of note I could never get the FSB over 178 on that board either At the end of the day the RAM I have is not flash stuff. Its branded as value ram and previous articles have suggested it rarely gets past 175 stable.

Gah all this talk makes me so eager to be tinkering further. Maybe I'll get the RAM then the video card..... oh but my FX5200 is sooooooooo trashy.....

Originally posted by RGone

:) sadly...I think you convinced me!

And so I wrote that. What most are saying is that although rated at only PC2700 or say 166FSB that they presumed BH-5/6 memory and most of that stuff no matter that it was PC2700 would go a great deal higher than 178FSB.

Does this explain the low FSB

mem.jpg

Double side 2.5v rated budget style RAM

:D ...I certainly think it does explain a great deal of your inability to get it up there. HEhehehehehe. Pretty picture though for shore. Just it ain't of no 'super' RAM and the DFI sisters are the fondest HO's of fast memory on the planet in the Socket A platform.

Me jus RGone...

PsumS: me thanks you jus bout hooked on de overflocking thing and should quickly go ahead and enroll in OCA. Cause you gunna need it. HEhehehehehe. RGone...Again...

• 1 month later...

Ok, digging this up early as I'm about to have some new developments.

Managed to get it stable at 2.5GHz @ 220FSB using a pair of 256Mb Mosel sticks, nothing too exciting really.

But, I have now got a pair of KHX3200K2s with BH-5 winging their way over the atlantic to me.

As soon as they're in gonna drop to X9 and go 250FSB+ hunting. Will let you know the results once they're here.