New Mobile Barton 2500 - IQYHA 0408 RPMW

Katch

So here it is, my new chip;

mobbar.jpg

Currently running at...

cpuz.jpg

Overclock is severly limited by my slow RAM.

Can't wait to put some DDR500 in and turn it all up.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that Kingston PC2700? Might turn out to be at least CH-5 as well - which means higher fsb's and higher clocks. Have you tested?

Otherwise, IQYHA RPMW looks a fairly good stepping, get a good RAM and get it flying.

If you cannot get your hands on some BH-5, I suggest not to mess around with high latency PC4000 but rather to buy OCZ EB PC3500 or PC3700.

Thanks for the heads up on the RAM. The Kingston is crappy, bugs out at anything over 178MHz.

Bumped up my multi a bit, now running...

cpuz2.jpg

System hangs or refuses to start windows when I nudge at 2500MHz. Hoping this is just my RAM holding me back so I can shoot for a toaster as soon as I get a nice new DC set.

Vdimm is 2.7 but the ram is only rated to 2.6.

I Had the Vcore higher but couldn't hit any higher clocks stable. Found the point of stability and then lowered the Vcore untill I lost stability. Bumped it back up a notch and left it there.

No point putting more power into something when it doesn't need it. I'll be running it hard enough when I pick up some better RAM.

Vdimm is 2.7 but the ram is only rated to 2.6.

Try more volts to the memory, for me to hit 200fsb i need 2.8-2.9, to hit 240 and higher i run 3.3v. It maybe rated at 2.6v but wont hurt to try higher. Ive been running 3.3v throught his RAM for over a year with no probs whatsoever.

Plus what are your temps when running 2.4Ghz?

At 2.4GHz my load temps never get over 49°C

The memory I have is really crappy. Trust me it won't go stable any higher than it is now. It is only PC2700 remember!

I think as soon as I pick up a decent pair of DC DDR500s it'll turn into a nice little clocker.

Originally posted by mrlobber

What's that Kingston PC2700? Might turn out to be at least CH-5 as well - which means higher fsb's and higher clocks. Have you tested?

Otherwise, IQYHA RPMW looks a fairly good stepping, get a good RAM and get it flying.

If you cannot get your hands on some BH-5, I suggest not to mess around with high latency PC4000 but rather to buy OCZ EB PC3500 or PC3700.

Actually if his sticks are Kingston PC2700 HyperX (KHX 2700) they will be BH6 chips.

Viper