Jump to content

[LP] Over 1.7vcore > Cant boot


Recommended Posts

Anyone know why i cant run whit an higher vcore then 1.7v ?

If i set the vcore over 1.7v the computer wont even boot.

 

I have flashed the bios whit the 1/21 but still no different.

The mosfets are not getting hot, only ~40 degrees Celcius.

 

If anyone have a clue what it can be, plz shout, cus it not so fun being stuck whit a vcore at 1.7v.

 

I got the hardware in my sign, But i can take it again:

Lanparty NFII Ultra B

XP-M 2400+

2*256Mb Adata Vitesta

9800se flashed to 9800XT, XT core and memory speed

Edit: Oh yea forgot, iam using an Levicom 500w PSU

 

The CPU is cooled by an Vapochil and the GPU and NB is cooled by water.

 

plz help

 

/wez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe you have a bad mobile ?

But we need more info to really tell what's wrong.

What settings were you trying ? I see you have a-data memory, what are the rated at , and again what settings did you try?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by jaco

maybe you have a bad mobile ?

But we need more info to really tell what's wrong.

What settings were you trying ? I see you have a-data memory, what are the rated at , and again what settings did you try?

 

I have tryed all settigs :) 10*240 @ 1.75v/1.80v/1.85v/1.90v etc.

Standard FSB and Multiplier @ 1.75v/1.80v/1.85v/1.90v etc.

And alot more. And nothing works, The computer just wont boot!

 

I have also tryed all possible memory timings and vdimm's.

The memmory are DDR500 and are rated at 10-5-5-5-3 @ 250 i think, But they are doing just fine in 10-4-4-4-2.5 @ 3.1,

And i also i tryed the lowest possible at 240fsb, and its 5-4-2-3-2.5 @ 3.2v.

 

I dont think thats the CPU is bad, cus iam doing 10*240 @ standard vcore prime95 stable , and i thinks thats pretty good.

 

Maby i should try a diffret bios again? cus iam all out ideas...

 

/wez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tryed all settigs 10*240 @ 1.75v/1.80v/1.85v/1.90v etc.

 

I dont think thats the CPU is bad, cus iam doing 10*240 @ standard vcore prime95 stable , and i thinks thats pretty good.

 

If you are doing 10x240 prime stable what's the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2400+ chip is the cause of the problem. There were

certain runs of mobiles that just won't boot at a Vcore

limit. They seemed to have an overvolt protection.

 

And it seems like certain batches.

 

I have a 2600+ (early one) that refuses to boot at 1.800

Vcore and above. But it'll give me it's max overclock at

1.775.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by wez

Anyone know why i cant run whit an higher vcore then 1.7v ?

If i set the vcore over 1.7v the computer wont even boot.

 

I have flashed the bios whit the 1/21 but still no different.

The mosfets are not getting hot, only ~40 degrees Celcius.

 

If anyone have a clue what it can be, plz shout, cus it not so fun being stuck whit a vcore at 1.7v.

 

I got the hardware in my sign, But i can take it again:

Lanparty NFII Ultra B

XP-M 2400+

2*256Mb Adata Vitesta

9800se flashed to 9800XT, XT core and memory speed

Edit: Oh yea forgot, iam using an Levicom 500w PSU

 

The CPU is cooled by an Vapochil and the GPU and NB is cooled by water.

 

plz help

 

/wez

 

It is most likely the CPU you got and it doesn't bode well for a long lifespan. Not all

Mobiles respond the same to increased vcore. With my 2600 Mobile running the Vcore

above 1.900 accomplishes nothing. I have a customer MB and 2600 Mobile I am setting

up now and this CPU walls up at about 1.825 with anything over that getting no OC return.

 

Viper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others already pointed out well, some mobile chips did NOT like more Vcore ;) One my LP B running mobile 2500 at 1.800 or 1.850Vcore and other LP B mobo running old Barton at 1.900Vcore - so it can't be the mobo, unless is terribly f*cked up :D

 

Try another CPU and Im sure you can post/boot/test and even work over 1.700Vcore ;)

 

Second note, the oldie bios is not well ready for mobiles. It should be recommended to use the latest official bios ;):D

 

I found it pretty stable and reliable, however NEVER EVER mess with it any other way that is recommended on the site. Eg. clear CMOS after flashing, and after first boot, load optimized defaults and save + reboot - then set your settings.

I will recommend also flashing options like:

awdflash 0619.bin /py/sn/LD/f/tiny/E/cc/cp/cd

...but that is just me and what worked for me well :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by elts_drac

If you are doing 10x240 prime stable what's the problem?

 

The problem is that i want to go higher, and i cant do that whit 1.7vcore ;) need atleast 1.9-2.0v ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by trodas

As others already pointed out well, some mobile chips did NOT like more Vcore ;) One my LP B running mobile 2500 at 1.800 or 1.850Vcore and other LP B mobo running old Barton at 1.900Vcore - so it can't be the mobo, unless is terribly f*cked up :D

 

Try another CPU and Im sure you can post/boot/test and even work over 1.700Vcore ;)

 

Second note, the oldie bios is not well ready for mobiles. It should be recommended to use the latest official bios ;):D

 

I found it pretty stable and reliable, however NEVER EVER mess with it any other way that is recommended on the site. Eg. clear CMOS after flashing, and after first boot, load optimized defaults and save + reboot - then set your settings.

I will recommend also flashing options like:

awdflash 0619.bin /py/sn/LD/f/tiny/E/cc/cp/cd

...but that is just me and what worked for me well :)

 

OK, i will try the latest bios file from the dfi site, i will keep you guys posted ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys, Sorry for 3 post in a row, But i have some great news :D

 

I flashed to the 06/19 Beta bios, And running, as we speak, 1.85vcore.

It will probably do higher but i havent tryed that yet.

I will speak up when i know the max vcore.

 

So i think that have sorted out my problems :D Iam werry happy right now :D

 

So, If you are having the same problem that i did, Try the 06/19 Beta bios ;)

 

Thx for the help.

 

/wez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im glad my idea that the oldie bios did not work well with mobile AXPs helped you.

I get stuck once on same problem and fixed it by using another CPU to flash more recent/decent bios.

 

Shame is on DFI side for selling boards with such obsolete and useless bioses :(

 

...at least their customer support rules :nod:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't expect them to recall every board in the retail pipeline worldwide to reflash the bios, as that is totally ridiculous. The 6/19 BIOS is available and covered under warranty, and just like drivers, as a general rule you should update automatically to the newest available..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...