LPB getting all 4 LEDs consistantly!

New DFI user here :) Unfortunately, my BIOS Savior is on the way, have my backup chip.... but I believe that it is blank.

Flashed to 6/19 and had no problems. Been trying to get my 2500+ clocked stable, haven't had it more then 2 days so far.

Set FSB to 206 and Clock to 12 (for some reason 11.5 and 12 are not liked in my system) and V 1.7 ... nothing, so as normal I Reset/Insert and reverted to a CMOS Reloaded setting of a semi-stable 210 x 10 @ 1.625... here may lie the problem..... I think I created that CMOS Reloaded in the 11/27 bios!!!

So... now here I sit, all 4 LEDs lit, all 3 keyboard lights flashing and nothing happening. Trying follow a previous thread about turning off power, holding reset, pressing power, letting reset go. Even put the Clear CMOS jumper on and walked away for almost 5 mins. Nada, same thing.

I need help here, guys. I am loving this board so far, but now it looks as if I am screwed. I don't have cash to purchase a new board, nor know anyone that is running one.

HELP!!!

-=speck=-

Specks,

If you have used cmos reload with setting from another bios, then I would say you have corrupted you bios chip.

You can try :-

(1) Take battery out and leave jumper on clear for about 24 hours and try again.

(2) If you have access to another nf2 rig you can hot flash your chip

(3) Order another bios chip with 11/27 flashed into it from Bad Flash . Cheap and takes about a week if you are outside the US. When you get a new pre programed chip boot with the new chip into dos, pull it out and put in the old one and re-flash. Then you will always have a spare bios chip ready to go.

Good luck

it is fairly common if you are unfamiliar with the boards and what the BIOS settings do, as well as the peculiarities of your hardware as a combination. Once you get familiar with the system its fairly easy to work with, but youreally need to do your homework and have a backup plan like spare BIOS chips and a BIOS Saviour.

Well, I do have a new bios on this way. and my Savior is coming ;-)

Chalk it up to, not heeding the warnings like I should have.

Damn, that chip better get here soon.... Doom3 is almost here.

Thanks guys

You are not alone, Speck ;)

I killed my first LP B mobo by exactly the same way. I know it will cause problem, if I hit a wrong key, but I was in hurry so I tough I resave all the found CMOS Reloaded backup slots for configs with current one, but on the 4th one I hit Load instead of Backup and I just waited for new LP B mobo :(

Then I hotflashed the BIOS and things are fine.

Yes, it's a PEBKAC error, however DFI is partly credited for it too ;)

A simple "Are you sure to load the settings" will be nice to add - my quess is, that it will help prevent by noob or accident cause trashing the bios. :(

DFI europe was kind to be, tough. They send me replacement CMOS chip with 27/11 flashed in.

Always is great to have a backup and DFI rules :D What other not moded mobo give me 250hz FSB, as my testing LP B one did? I did not know about any :D

Certainly not with 11-2-2-2--9-12-0-0-3-3-2-0-3-E-E-F-E timings :D :cat: