bios question

Guest rcillig_merged

Guest rcillig

just thought id ask what does the agp clock setting do ? thought id ask before messing with it.

alota these bios setings I got no idea what they do... is there some where I can read about them or that will explaing what not to do and what to change to make my system run better ?

AGP clock will set the AGP clock :D

(PCI clock is AGP/2)

AGP clock is supposed to be 66MHz and PCI 33Mhz. You can give the poor cards more, tough :D Most ATI ones criple over 74Mhz, however nVidia ones can go to about 80MHz :D

Sadly, no gain from it. Not even sound usage cost less CPU time or someting. I once tested the results from such overclocking on AGP and the results are more contraproductive that productive.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=336325

...there I sumarize the problem and results from it. Remember, on Q3 engine are based many todays games, so if this higher fluctuation and lover overal FPS is woth the AGP overclock - go for it. Not for me. The 3DMark01 results typicaly fluctuate at around 100 points, so no deal that my test show 33 points up with AGP overclock to 74Mhz ;)

:confused:

you ask: just thought id ask what does the agp clock setting do ?

AGP buss speed that you ask about is a setting that tends to up the 'transfer' speed on the AGP buss and is specified at 66mhz. For years many of us have used 'good' cards that could endure the higher AGP speeds in order to 'benchmark' higher in some cases. Many still do use the elevation of the AGP buss to near 80 in order to keep the card sped up to run with the 'rest' of the mobo when *greatly* overclocked.

In point of fact I run my AGP buss at 78-80 most of the time when benching 3dmark2k1 as it helps to get 3dmark2k1 to complete on MY mother board with MY 9800Pro video card. However; I have a good friend that is a 3dmark2k1 benchmarking nut> that runs his ATI 9800Pro at 66AGP and gets HIS best scores. You "must" tune your own setup and components and do your own trial and error testing to see what works the 'best' for you. There is no such thing as one size fits all as to many seem to believe.

No 'one size fits all' is more true on the DFI 'rocket' sisters than any other motherboard I have used to date. Most people just want a set it according to someone else's numbers> but that is not the way to get the rocket sisters to perform at their best. Tune your own board and only listen to what others use as a 'level' or place to start from.

I just changed to a brand and speed of memory that I have never used before and "everything" I had set for the previous memory is nearly useless in this new case. If I listened to "one size fits all" then I would never get the stuff to run. Just remember that in your tuning, learning of your own personal 'rocket' sister board.

Have fun and enjoy. Post if you need general guidelines. Past that it is your own personal "luv affair" with the sisters. Hehehe.

Sincerely, RGone...1ster:nod: