Part selection spreadsheet. =)

This is V.01 of my spreadsheet. Still beta =)

Alright... I know not EVERYONE has a PC business, but theres always people like me, where friends/family ask them to build them a PC.

They are always asking me how much? I usually ask them what for, and what price range.

I got tired of using newegg constantly, loading every page and adding to cart and adding it up, so I decided to make a spreadsheeet for it! :D

Its made in office 2000, using excel. (should be attached)

Sheet 2 is the selectable items, and it adds up the price for you. on sheet 1, it has all of the basic info for the parts.

Since I don't own an Intel, I would like some input on what parts to use. (mobo wise).

I have V.02 already started, and Some nifty features will be in that one.

Right now, I need some help selecting mobos for the P4.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated :D

BTW, I have both DFI's in there, and I am adding the infinity in V.02 for Intel and AMD.

Originally posted by CrimeDog

problem i see is that the people who need this service want you to pick their parts, they have no idea what this stuff means :P

They dont need to with this... I can do it :D Its a LOT easier than pulling up newegg prices for every part, and scrounging around on the site, when now, i can just click and go :D

Not a bad idea but the range of parts and prices makes it nearly impossible to keep it updated correctly. I mean there are 16 intel cpu's just between 2.8 and 3.6 ghz depending on the core, cache, and fsb.

Originally posted by elts_drac

Not a bad idea but the range of parts and prices makes it nearly impossible to keep it updated correctly. I mean there are 16 intel cpu's just between 2.8 and 3.6 ghz depending on the core, cache, and fsb.

I would never use the celerons willingly, so we can count those out.

Not like anyone I know buys A64 FX's either.

Right now, I'm putting in *possible* parts for a PC to build someone. =)

Nice and easy to mix it around and even out the price... Im usually rounding teh price *up* a tad, so the overall total is just a little over, to add for price fluxustions =)

V.02 Here.