Which CPU to get???

Katch

I'm umming and ahring over what CPU to pick up. I know XPs are gonna get harder to come by soon and AMD plans on bumping the price up on them, but what do I go with...?

There is little more than £30 between a 2500+ Mobile and a 3200+

Which am I gonna get better flat out performance from? I'm not adverse to playing about with it, in fact I intent to overclock the nuts off it on highend air. I haven't heard much on the overclockability of 3200+s but I am keen to see if the 2500+s live up to their rep....

A little advise would be much appreciated. If you can give me examples of Clock Speeds and BUS Speeds you have achieved with your chips I'd be very greatful. I'm especially keen to get feedback on the 3200+s as I've read a lot about the Mobile 2500+s

If you can give me examples of Clock Speeds and BUS Speeds you have achieved with your chips I'd be very greatful.

Just search around and look at peoples sigs....

I like my 2600+ mobile more than my 2500+

2600+ went (by percentage) higher with a much lower vCore

I had an XP 3.0 and It ran quite hot at 2300 mhz (that was the max I could get out of it)

Have a mobile 2.5 now and doing 2500mhz no problems (And It's cooler than the other at 2300)

I don't think 2.5 vs 2.6 it's a big difference, You just have to get lucky and get a good one, but they usually run between 2400-2600 (real) MHZ