no audio at all

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... ok... so the jumpers are on and you still aren't getting sound out of the rear audio jack..... and if the new soundcard won't work either.... I'd look toward drivers.

I guess the next thing I would try is doing a system restore to a time when the sound worked. You said you were changing audio drivers around. Maybe something got screwed up...

Originally posted by trueplaya4ever8

lets see i even ran to walmart to get a sound card to use for a day, and guess what its still dont work? what can i do, would a reformat and reinstall do anything?

Oh the sound with the sound card works, i just forgot to disable the onboard in the bios.

When you are using the sound card it shouldn't make any difference if you have the jumpers on or not because you are plugging your speakers into the card, not the onboard audio jack.

I have no idea if doing a reformat and reinstall would help anything...

I'm not sure what else to recommend. I guess you just need to decide what you want to do -- keep the new sound card, fight with the onboard sound, or RMA the board.

Maybe someone else has some other ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

i had the exact same problem.....i just read this whole thread and after putting the jumpers on.......worked perfect....make sure the jumpers are on the right slots....im tellin ya....exact same problem....thanks errbody:D

Originally posted by trueplaya4ever8

ya my sound was perfectly fine, until i decided to see what i plugged in wrong for the front audio on the case (the way i had it plugged in only the speakers would work and not the mic) so i shutdown the pc, unplugged the jumpers and looked at the user manual and set the jumpers in accordingly. The only thing is when i turned it back on the front audio wouldnt work (speakers and mic) and then i tryed the audio on the mobo, and i have no sound at all, and it has been that way for quite a while today. i have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling nvidia drivers and still dont work.

hope that helps u understand

thanks

If you had your sound working on the front panel, and just not he mic, connect things back this way and follow my solution here to get the mic to work.

• 1 year later...
Well, i want to just keep the sound card and deal with no onboard. But my parents think i should rma it. i dont wanna rma it.....

hello trueplaya.

i bought dfi motherboard a few days ago, today my graphiccard arrived so i started up the system. but i have the same problem as you. cant get the sound working with the karajan module. first i tried to connect cables to the frontpanel, so i removed the jumpers but could not understand how the cables should be, so i skipped it. and after a while when the system was up and running i tried winamp bot there was no sound. asked a friend about my problem and he asked if i had the jumpers on, which i did not. so i shut down the computer, put the jumpers back on and were happy, my problem was solved... at least i thought so.

i still have the same problem, there is no sound. the jumpers is right and no cables is drawn from the frontpanel... going to test with an sb live 5.1 soon if i cant get this working... so f*cking annoying :sweat: