Sign in to follow this  
mrlobber

Disaster with 512 meg sticks on Infinity

Someone tell me if my chips are BH-5 first? uwackme's info says the are anyone else able to say yes?

I'm kinda stuck at 230fsb on my mem at 2-2-2-6. I might burn in some more at 230mhz 3.3V see if I cna get up to 240+ should I be needing to up my chipset voltage?

Originally posted by mrlobber

Right. See what you can get out of them by doing some burn-in. My burn-in results - not a single fsb more so far (max - 170 dual channel, and 187 single channel memtest stable). Before declaring them a complete crap, I will test the sticks in another Infinity board, and maybe an NF7-S as well.

Mrlobber you directd me to this thread when I e=-mailed ya.

I burnt in for 60 hours at 190mhz 2-2-2-6 3.3V with CPC ON, I'm using 1-31 bios. then I got 230mhz fsb same stats but stable at 3.1V

Your chips are bh-5 and should be pushing higher like mine no?

Have you dropped your cpu multi and made sure you can't do 220mhz 1:1 at 2-2-2-5/6/7 at 3.3Vdimm ?

after a burnin of course.

Originally posted by Unoid

Someone tell me if my chips are BH-5 first? uwackme's info says the are anyone else able to say yes?

I'm kinda stuck at 230fsb on my mem at 2-2-2-6. I might burn in some more at 230mhz 3.3V see if I cna get up to 240+ should I be needing to up my chipset voltage?

Well here is the list.

http://pub.lorenz.bei.t-online.de/winbondlist.htm

Viper

Beats me, I got 6 sticks of KHX3000, every one would not run past 185Mhz....burned them in hardcore, 3.3Vdimm memtest #5 for 3 days, upping the FSB a bit after every 6-8 hours.

All 6 hit 240Mhz, 4 actually do 245Mhz but I stick to 240Mhz now for use.

The burn in seemed asymtotic.... higher it got, less it improved, but I also saw the miracle of burnin in slow motion, with 2x 512M BH6 on 3.0V for a year.... changed from 200Mhz 7,3,3,2.0 to 250Mhz 11,2,2,2,2.0 after 1 year of use. So I look forward to my BH5's getting a little further.

I also havent gone past the Inf's max Vdimm... I need to vmod the Vdimm to 3.4-3.5V to see if 250Mhz is just out of reach at 3.3V.

My limited burn-in of about 36 hours got me 8fsb extra on my ch-5. I'm going to run the system normally for a month(since I never shut my machine off anyway) then burn it again for 24 hours and see what's happened.

My 2x512mb sticks of BH-5 don't seem to wanna do anything above 230mhz at 3.3V CPC OFF wonder why. Another burnin might be needed?

Originally posted by Unoid

My 2x512mb sticks of BH-5 don't seem to wanna do anything above 230mhz at 3.3V CPC OFF wonder why. Another burnin might be needed?

Probably isn't the sticks but as high as the NB memory controllers will run with a 2x512

memory load. Try the sticks one at a time and see what they will OC too.

Viper

Originally posted by ViperJohn

Probably isn't the sticks but as high as the NB memory controllers will run with a 2x512

memory load. Try the sticks one at a time and see what they will OC too.

Viper

So you are saying that this mobo is no good for 2x512 ram at a respectable fsb? Maybe that is why I have all these problems with my setup.

Originally posted by dreiu

So you are saying that this mobo is no good for 2x512 ram at a respectable fsb? Maybe that is why I have all these problems with my setup.

Not this motherboard particularly, rather all the nForce2 chipset with very rare exceptions.

:confused:

From your signature? Mobile 2600+ IQYHA 0351 (250*10) - 1.8v - SLK947 U + TT SFII

What is that 250x10 if not a decent FSB? Am I lost or what is the deal? You don't have that signature anymore?

Sincerely. RGone...1ster>:confused:

i decided to give the good ol burn in on my chips (2x512 OCZ 3200 Platinum BH-6 I believe) and found out to my dismay that I have a bad stick on my hands, fails on test 5 every time no matter what settings I use. My other stick works great, and with the right voltages and settings I can get 250+ out of it and memtest for hours. I been in windows for weeks stable as a rock(almost) @ 230 fsb w/ cpc on running with a bad stick of RAM. so since I have the BH-6 I would assume that I wouldn't have any probs getting the same back from an RMA so is that what you guys would suggest? or are they running short on BH-6 as well.

BH-6 is just about as extinct as BH-5. The only fresh BH-6 I have seen is the last of the Mushkin 2-2-2 Special. Call OCZ support and see what they have. If it doesn't perform at the rated speed and timings. If it does and won't OC Then you'll have to lie aboput it for an rma. The fact that it runs @ 230 when only rated for 200 tells me otherwise.