Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAE, if you could resend, id appreciate it, ill give it another go :) ... although, i just flashed the latest official 11/24 w/out probs, so im not sure what was going wrong... DOH! maybe there were errors when i unzipped cuz im testing new ram at the moment also and it might have been set at an unstable level. duh.

AW, the zipped file i have had just one file in it, which i assumed was the bin file and just needed to have the .bin extension added to it and shortened by changing the name, knocking off the 3EG-rev3 from the end. was i correct? or is that just another zipped file that winrar is recognizing? :confused: As far as i could see, there was no second zipped file inside of the first zipped file, just that one file.

thanks,

tobias

Unless its in a format your version of WinRar doesn't recognise, like 7zip...

There is actually a couple of links in this thread that work with downloads to the Hellfire Bios... A couple of pages back HERE, and Playah gave you a link to them on the previous page.

thanks for the link, Shinobi, i got it to work with that one! :nod: i still cant figure out why SAE's wouldnt work, but they were different file sizes.

Alienwhere, didnt do anything special, just got lucky in the draw, i guess, thats all. it might do 250X11, but i dont think it would be stable.

the link is down for 3eg rev 2 can someone link me to it on a post here, i wanna try it and i hear its doing good for tccd 2X512 so i wanna give it a shot and see what i get, since going back to turbo from rev3 im down to 20,019 3dmark 2001 and i dont like that, so maybe rev 2 will give me something different, well see.

Keep me informed on how it goes Alienwhere.

I'm currently using Rev 3 on my setup, which is 1x 512mb stick in Channel 0/Slot 1 and 2x 256mb sticks in Channel 1/Slots 2&3 so all 3 sticks are running in Dual Channel, effectively 512mb in Channel 0 and 512mb in Channel 1. Now i'm wondering whether Rev 2 would be better for this instance...

Any feedback from anyone would be appreciated :) The 512mb stick is double sided(Hynix BT-D43) and the Twinmos is CRAP i mean CADT ;) and single sided. Have to run with CPC Off because this Twinmos won't run with it on at ANY speed...

Shinobi,

I suppose you're still holding on to the twinmos CADT cause ya got it cheap or you're still prayin u can find some way to get some performance out of em.GL.

BTW,on the hell's rev2,I finally got the mushkin 2-2-2 special,memtest error free at 250 fsb 2,2,2,11 3.5vdimm ,but only using 2t.Still its better than I previously got w/6-19 orig.

best i can do withmy 2-2-2 special is 250 2.5-3-3-11 stable she wont touch anything over 230 with 2-2-2 timings at all. Curently its in wifes poc at 200 @ XP 3200 cause of stock cooling, while mine has tccd speed premiums.

And i certainly keep you infoirmed how oc goes after i can flash it, for some strange reason last night i turned my pc of to let her rest for once in the week and now it wont come back on for shi. I flip the switch and wait for leds to go out then flip back on and click power and fans spin for about a sec ansd then back to dead. Psu is like 2 weeks old so im sure it cant be the psu. Im really confused.

Shinobi,

I suppose you're still holding on to the twinmos CADT cause ya got it cheap or you're still prayin u can find some way to get some performance out of em.GL.

BTW,on the hell's rev2,I finally got the mushkin 2-2-2 special,memtest error free at 250 fsb 2,2,2,11 3.5vdimm ,but only using 2t.Still its better than I previously got w/6-19 orig.

Well i've actually emailed Twinmos about an RMA and its been nearly a week now and no reply... I emailed Twinmos Netherlands so think i'll try Twinmos Germany and hope they'll send me a reply.

Seem to be getting a little more out of it with Hellfires Bios. I did try 220mhz and ran memtest and got no errors after a quick test, 10x passes of #5 and 10 of #8 and 5 passes running the full tests which i thought was good because with the other Bios' i got errors straight away.

Anyway, when booting into Windows i experienced some freeze ups and stuff when running benchmarks/stability testing and it failed OCCT, which i put down to the Ram.

Its currently rock stable at 218mhz, 2.5, 3, 3, 8. It seems to love a Tras of 8 for some reason. If i try it any looser(like 9) its not quite as stable.