Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RGone

:confused: is nOt broke. Just downloaded both files. Right click and save to disk or what ever. I just downloaded using 'firefox' and I never used before so I know dang well the link ain't broke.

RGone...

the problem is my isp :mad:

downloaded using external proxy

Guest Hellfire
Originally posted by FlyingHamster

anyone here running 240x11 or 255x10? if so, what vcore, vdimm, and vdd are u using?

just curious cuz Ive got 250x10 prime stable, but everytime I try 255x10 I error out in prime after a few hours. :rolleyes:

great job with the bios's HF

I have the exact same problem with you I can run at 254x11 after 13 hours of priming but once I try for 255FSB it will fail within 3 minutes in dual channel, but when I try to the ram in single it will prime at 265 fsb stable. So I am guessing that the northbridge has hit its physical limit. I am planning to buy another infinity to test this theory out. I am pretty sure its your northbridge that is causing the problems.

Hellfire

I having mixed results with Hellfire's biosses. Rev 1 I got nasty boot problems, changed to rev2. Everything worked fine but got bad lan drop-outs althou they might just be overheated SB. Anyways I could run 250fsb stable with CPC ON. Then I tried rev3 and tested higher fsb. It booted to windows with 260 CPC ON !? Holy cow. Everything seemed stable, but I tested with memtest and got bunch of errors, a-data should be able to handle that easily so I though it was NB. Tried 255 fsb and that seemed to work. After some testing I concluded that system wasnt stable. Some sound problems. Grrr :( Back to 250 which was stable before. Even that was not stable now, I got errors while writing DVDs and other random problems. So what is up with this bios, 260 and it booted to windows just fine, before that even 252 was impossible, tried different voltages, apg/pci latencies no help.

Originally posted by jukkis83

I having mixed results with Hellfire's biosses. Rev 1 I got nasty boot problems, changed to rev2. Everything worked fine but got bad lan drop-outs althou they might just be overheated SB. Anyways I could run 250fsb stable with CPC ON. Then I tried rev3 and tested higher fsb. It booted to windows with 260 CPC ON !? Holy cow. Everything seemed stable, but I tested with memtest and got bunch of errors, a-data should be able to handle that easily so I though it was NB. Tried 255 fsb and that seemed to work. After some testing I concluded that system wasnt stable. Some sound problems. Grrr :( Back to 250 which was stable before. Even that was not stable now, I got errors while writing DVDs and other random problems. So what is up with this bios, 260 and it booted to windows just fine, before that even 252 was impossible, tried different voltages, apg/pci latencies no help.

I think this falls under the category of it ain't broke don't fix it. Also Prime95 is a much cheaper way to test stability than buying dvd's imo.

Psyko

I've been noticing some "flaky" results with this bios:

Lately my Audigy2zs has been crapping out; something that it has not done for a very long time. Furthermore, I am experiencing occassional lockups here and there to the point where I need to reboot my computer. My rig was 200% stable with the 3EG Rev 1 bios and I am very tempted to flash back to it if things do not improve. My only hesitation is this 5.1.2.7 SATA bios as it makes my HD's run like butter. Guess I should take some time to thank Hellfire once again for all his help, however.

deception``

I've been noticing some "flaky" results with this bios: Lately my Audigy2zs has been crapping out; something that it has not done for a very long time. Furthermore, I am experiencing occassional lockups here and there to the point where I need to reboot my computer. My rig was 200% stable with the 3EG Rev 1 bios and I am very tempted to flash back to it if things do not improve. My only hesitation is this 5.1.2.7 SATA bios as it makes my HD's run like butter. Guess I should take some time to thank Hellfire once again for all his help, however. deception``

Im had same problems with high fsb. I cannot prime for long periods of time right now, need my cpu for other things...