Post your desktop here!

nVidiaGuru

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know right, dirty bastards. LOL I will ONLY use it for DX10 gaming, most of the programs I use the most for internet etc. only work in XP (Messenger:Mate for AIM, PowerTools for AOL, etc). But I want to try out Triple SLI and Crysis in DX10... if nothin' else I'll keep the Vista Ult. 64-Bit for when SP1 comes out, cuz then it'll be better, one would hope. I just want DX10 gaming and Triple SLI support so I can try it out since I'm gonna have the cards to, at least for a week or two, in a few days.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

does it even support triple sli? if it does, its support is probably like normal sli when vista was out

According to tests I found that were done at 1920x1200, it fully fully FULLY supports Triple SLI and SLI in DX10, Very High Settings, with 4XAA, it was 3-to-1 increase in frames when comparing triple to single card.

That's one thing people seem to NOT GET on Triple SLI.

The whole original point of SLI was to be able to do great frame rates at higher resolutions. With Triple SLI, you can do great frame rates at INSANE resolutions. Games like FEAR, CoD4 and BioShock scale nearly 3:1 at 2560x1600 compared to a single card's performance.

Most of the review sites are testing at like 1280x1024... WTF is the point of that? SLI barely shows any increases at that resolution a lotta games, cuz that isn't even enough pixels to load ONE card, let alone two.

2560x1600 however seems to be quite plentiful for Tri-SLI to have fun with.

What I wanna see is how Tri-SLI handles a Matrox TripleHead2Go setup with it running 3840x1024, cuz that's what I'm planning on doing on 3 matched flat panels... I already tried it out with an LCD and 2 CRTs just to see how it worked, with SLI, and Crysis ran very well at 3072x768 on the same settings I run 1680x1050 on (which is partly because that's almost the exact same # of pixels), but that was also back on the 169.09 drivers, the 169.28s seem to handle resolutions, SLI and AA better.

I'm hoping Triple SLI will be able to pump out 3840x1024 at decent frame rates on probably Medium/High Settings on Crysis, and a most other games on High (which I've already done on FEAR, that resolution + Max settings was playable, barely, with SLI lol minimum FPS was like 35.)

We'll see if I manage to get the jones to buy Vista Ultimate 64 tonight.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

my friend hates a messy desktop, so just to piss him off i made a crap load of shortcuts lol (on my pc)

wtficonsdesktopdi5.th.jpg