nVidiaGuru

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3d c0m3t

My new wallpaper. :cool:

pwnageml0.th.jpg[/url]

I'm not using this one at the moment, but I saved it and thought it'd be fun to share the humor.

bsodsd4.th.jpg[/url]

Hilarious. :nod:

right-click on your desktop

chose properties

choose desktop tab

click on the "None" selection and click apply

that's been my desktop for about 7 years.

Except once in a while I'll put a Chicago Blackhawks player wallpaper on there. But only for like a few days. Then it's back to the NONE wahahaahhaha.

i'm not boring, I'm thrifty but more importantly, I'm wise.

How often do I look at the desktop? For about 10 seconds when I turn the machine on, then it's to Firefox, email, games, Word, Photoshop, whatever. In any given 8 hour period, I look at the bare desktop for a total of 30 seconds or less.

Even though I have 2GB of RAM, I still don't like bloating up windows anymore than necessary. Adding desktop wallpaper, using default bloated windows themes with the big blue bars or window borders etc, that . all goes instantly (as in my Tweak Windows XP vid tutorial).

I've got Vista running on a test rig right now, and I've left Aero or whatever that . is running, and even left the sidebar up and added a gadget or two (one that shows cpu core usage + RAM usage). That rig has a 3Ghz E6600 and 4GB of DDR2-800 and an 8800GTS, but it's just a test rig. If I was going to use Vista (which I'm not, but checking out Crysis 64-bit in Vista 64), I'd do like XP and turn it all off. It's hard to sit at the bare desktop and that little gadget tells me I'm using 800MB of RAM while doing absolutely nothing.

My XP rigs all use about 150MB of RAM sitting at the desktop...

but once in a while I do have to have a Blackhawks something or other on there ;)

right-click on your desktop

chose properties

choose desktop tab

click on the "Boring" selection and click apply

that's been my desktop for about 7 years.

Except once in a while I'll put a Chicago Blackhawks player wallpaper on there. But only for like a few days. Then it's back to the NONE wahahaahhaha.

LOL fixed....

mines the Batman and Robin sig pic A_G gave me.......

NOT...

it's the built in XP whatever....

been playing with that PCLinuxOS and it has some real nice back ground screens and Emerald has some nice themes too....which is way cool...but havent learned how to do a screen shot yet...lol