Sign in to follow this  
nVidiaGuru

Post your desktop here!

You obviously can't read very well if you think that ;)

Vista is SLOWER at every single type of benchmark I've seen results from than XP.

Granted, that's driver issues that will be worked out, but as of right now? You couldn't PAY me to run Vista, and you won't be able to for at least a year. I'm not goin' through the same BS I went through with XP with the viruses, updates, issues and crap.

well, not every single one of them... there are reports out there that shows application runs are faster in Vista :)

that translates to programs opens up faster :) so in a nutshell, it feels *snappier* :P i mean, u dont encode dvd or play games or render 3d, 24/7 do u?

just my 2c... sorry off topic.

You obviously can't read very well if you think that ;)

Vista is SLOWER at every single type of benchmark I've seen results from than XP.

Granted, that's driver issues that will be worked out, but as of right now? You couldn't PAY me to run Vista, and you won't be able to for at least a year. I'm not goin' through the same BS I went through with XP with the viruses, updates, issues and crap.

You don't want to see my machine running XP. It was the worst thing ever.

I had a topic started about LAGAGAGAGAGGA, in XP. Some people gave me new timings... It help, but not much. A few reinstalls of Xp, and I just had to conclude, its not going to work. I get Vista, and boom! no lag. And Firefox doesn't crash every signal day (as it did in xp).

And its just so much more user friendly, I can find media much faster. And the little search thing everywhere is extremely helpful.

I have an other friend who just bought one of the home packs, just cause his XP has been crashing tons lately.

I have to say though, after it came out (Vista) I noticed a lot more lag after all those updates.

OH and it just looks so much better.

well, not every single one of them... there are reports out there that shows application runs are faster in Vista :)

that translates to programs opens up faster :) so in a nutshell, it feels *snappier* :P i mean, u dont encode dvd or play games or render 3d, 24/7 do u?

just my 2c... sorry off topic.

Yup its faster for everyday use, not only in opening stuff up, but like I said, yum, that search function.

MMm. Sounding more and more like it's not for me.

I hate search functions, and programs opening faster really doesn't bug me much as I usually load 3 or 4 at a time while running a game in the background or foreground and AOL as well, so... not too shiny on the uptake for that. As I said, I'll get it IF it's ever worth getting in my opinion, which is they only one that happens to matter to me when it comes to spending 400$ on a freakin' piece of software.

It's only $400.00 if you buy retail...;)

OEM is half that...I triple boot between Pro and xp64 and Vista and even with the known issue in Vista I stick with that most all the time...I just like it...

It does run faster than XP for me...and function is just as good as form... I like the snappyness of it....but I will admit that after a few windows updates it's not as snappy as the 1st install...

Boot times used to be about 15seconds...now they're like 30seconds...so I just dont reboot very often...;)