The UNOFFICIAL Happy Birthday Thread

elts_drac

well

my birthday is on the 28th

normally I run away for the day so I don't have to deal with every butthole on earth wishing me a happy bday (I don't celebrate holidays as they are just another day to me, except my brother's bday and momma's bday since I like them and usually do something nice for them)

this year...I'll tell you all what I want for my bday and you can then laugh at me and tell me to go eat moldy poo hahaha

If someone can magically get Intel to produce me with a Conroe (Core 2 Duo) cpu, that is what I want.

E6600 or better

I don't care about the Extreme crap....sure I wouldn't mind having one...but I'm not too picky...any Conroe with the 4MB cache would be nice

Do you know someone at Intel? Have a friend who does? A friend of a friend of a blackmailed co-worker who owes you a favor?

well...I don't expect anything but I thought for the first time I would beg for someone here at the forum to help me find a way to get Intel to give me a cpu.

I cannot (and will not) support the new Intel platform until I have one of these cpu's. It is impossible for me to support something I have never seen before. This will leave thousands of Conroe users out in the cold.

I don't have the budget for a Conroe until after January now, and even then I don't plan on buying one as I've stated many times, if Intel wants to ignore me and DFI, that is their bit. AMD loves us and continues to drop tray after tray of cpu's on us to continue helping them be the best cpu mfg on the planet.

ok, speech = end

I'll stop crying now

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stop crying now

You might be surprised how much money you get if you'd allow some donations - it only takes $5 from 75 people or so to get one, and I'll bet some of us would throw in a bit more than that. :)

But then, you'd think DFI could afford to blow a measly $350-400 on your butt so you could do your job correctly...

I was thinking that exact same thing dan, but then re-read H_G's post where he states a few times that he wants INTEL to supply him with a cpu.

I for one would toss in $10 or $15 (maybe more...its not out of the question)just because this place has saved me at least that much in headaches, lol. You have done a great job here H_G and though words get the point across about how much we appreciate it, nothing quite says it like a smokin new CPU :)

I dunno...I'm REALLY hesitant about asking for donations...I just don't like the feeling of doing such a thing, and you are right, I SHOULD be getting one from DFI or Intel but it will never happen...

btw, I still got your guitar tabs I should probably burn and send to ya Ellis...in fact I think I will interrupt the server and go do that right now

You bet!

Put me down for $20, too - and PM me how to get it to you. (check, pay-pal, gold, gemstones, etc.)

Sometimes you just gotta fish or cut bait.

And how about RGone?

Won't he be needing one too?

Double hit if he does!

(Shoot, if I can buy ram with the flashey colored lights on top, I can darn well help the guys who tell me how to plug them in!)

And Happy Birthday! :)

I dunno...I'm REALLY hesitant about asking for donations...I just don't like the feeling of doing such a thing,

Fair enough.

But in this case we are offering in return for the amazing service that you have given us here. Without this site i know a TON of people probably would have given up on DFI because of all the little quirks that it takes the 'inside knowledge' to figure out. This is just our chance to give back.

So who chould i make the cheque out to? Lemme guess....your friends call you Ca$h. hahahaha.

ps. thanks for the tabs maing. Im gonna double check the addy i gave you. Cant remember if i gave it before or after i moved. I'll send you a PM or email to confirm. :)

EDIT: email sent.

I dunno...I'm REALLY hesitant about asking for donations...I just don't like the feeling of doing such a thing, and you are right, I SHOULD be getting one from DFI or Intel but it will never happen...
Look, I'm going to be building a couple of Conroe systems real soon,

if you don't have a Conroe, how are you going to assist me, as well as the hundreds/thousands who will follow?

I believe that we all need to pitch-in & get you & a few others some Conroes!

Sincerely yours,

Dave :)