NF2 - Poll - your 6/19 BIOS Results

Angry_Games

44 members have voted

1. 1.

• Cures Cold Boot
    • Cures Warm Boot
    • Cures Cold & Warm Boot
    • Cures nothing!!! same results with this bios!
    • Cures issues but drops LAN
    • Causes major problems!!!
    • Causes Cold Boot
    • Causes Warm Boot
    • Causes Cold & Warm Boot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by thefake007

I flashed it using your method, it gave me my first cold boot problem and didn't fix my warm boot problem.

I did have cold boot on mine too....my first

:(

i have an Infinity and i have never had warm boots until i flashed to this bios.

1/21 for official:-))

Originally posted by RGone

This is very likely the reason 1/21/04 is not used as a basis for cold booting fix.

I have heard that same question posed before about 01/21 and that is a direct quote from Oskar Wu in 'answer' to that very question when he was asked the question.

I can only surmise that since the 04/29 and 05/05 were all generated from "other" than 01/21; that it was decided against using the 01/21 romsip table at all for the attempt to fix cold booting = no post.

Sincerely, RGone...

This is a mistake...1/21 no cold boots for me, 6/19....well...cold boots, cold boots and cold boots....

1/21 for official:cool:

Originally posted by Sachs

This is a mistake...1/21 no cold boots for me, 6/19....well...cold boots, cold boots and cold boots....

1/21 for official:cool:

I put a vote for that to :)

and get mobile support & agp latency for it :)

Guest spacemonkey

Just started using this bios today.

Havent had any issues booting from a power off (ie/ over 1hr).

Havent had any issues when rebooting with a very cold cpu (ie/ below -20 Deg C).

Bios flash went well :)

Running with :-

11-2-2-2-2 11/15 EEFE 5,4,6,3,3,4,5

The last set of timings as per RGones suggestion due to failing 1 pass of 3dmark with settings at AUTO.

Everything looks fine at the moment but need to do some more testing tomorrow.

SpaceMonkey

and get mobile support

this is never going to happen for any mobo maker officially unless AMD themselves officially guarantee that the mobile XP will work in a desktop board. This isn't DFI's 'easy way out'...but i dont know of anyone else that guarantees a mobile will work in a desktop either.

AGP lat might be able to swing...but we aren't interested in an official bios that has every single item that everyone wants. We are interested in an official bios that does the best at curing cold and warm boots with a variety of cpu's, the majority of them being mobiles (alas, as they are not supported officially, you can see the quandry)

Yeah. No steps back please. There's to be a solution for all, but we know, there are always people complaining ;)

Maybe OSKAR can get the best out of the mobiles though, even if unsupported :D (Did he receive one lately?)

For me the 6-19 works as good/bad as other bios... although it gives ~20-30 Mb/s worse Sandra bandwidth at the same speeds as, for example, 12-18, 1-21 or 2-15 alpha. This was the first time my board didn't refuse to flash to bios later than 2-15 alpha. So that's definitely a step in the right direction.

Cannot compare 3dmark scores, though, as recently I upgraded my video card as well (but not to the X800Pro/XT :sad: ).

One weird thing: even with war mod installed, I have experienced 2 cold boot issues with this bios. Wtf?

I have not had any boot issues with any Bios's. am I doing something wrong? :rolleyes:

But I would very much Like to see thermal shutdown options especially now that I am running an external water system...

(I have my mains pump wired into my power lead to make sure I cant power up the PC without it but I would like to have some kind of protection should my pump fail..)

Originally posted by Angry_Games

this is never going to happen for any mobo maker officially unless AMD themselves officially guarantee that the mobile XP will work in a desktop board. This isn't DFI's 'easy way out'...but i dont know of anyone else that guarantees a mobile will work in a desktop either.

AGP lat might be able to swing...but we aren't interested in an official bios that has every single item that everyone wants. We are interested in an official bios that does the best at curing cold and warm boots with a variety of cpu's, the majority of them being mobiles (alas, as they are not supported officially, you can see the quandry)

But couldn't oskar make another beta on the 1/21 bios, that can recognize Mobile barton, has option to change AGP latency, and last the extra memory timings. So all we 1/21 people get what we want. Of course i understand you have to get the warm/cold boot problem working first. but if we get a bios built on the 1/21 as i said before, me and plenty other DFI users will be happy, because thats the best OC and most stable bios for us that doesn't have Warm/coldboot problem.

I don't say it has to be official, just a release for us in the forum you know :)

so i went to i guy who have a programing device and he erased my bios chip and wrote the 6-19 bios (i think this clears all old bioses and there is no need to follow the rgone flash procedure)

the results:

1. the only good thing that happened with this bios is that it just does not want to die-- when end with no booting machine just reset with jumper and with ac unpluged for noless than 20 min and you `ll have your machine back working. that the only possitive one

2. i got verry bad coldboot problem. every time when i unplug the AC even on non overclocked machine i got a nonbooting machine everything is working all the fans are spinnig but the monitor staies black F__K :P

3. warm boot problem occured recently but not less frequently than with the other bioses

4. insert key is not working. when i overclock more than the procesor can handle and the machine refuses to boot (before) when i pressed the insert key it loads the default bios settings just to boot and then ......... you know..

well this is all i noticed i hope ti will help you solve the problems

In my experience this bios flashed with no problems at all. It has 100% cured my warm boot problems however I have experienced this. Very first power up after being off for awhile takes a while to kick in. Sometimes up to like 20+ seconds however it does eventually kick in and everything is fine after that. While it is stalled led 3 or 4 is usualy hung but then the leds start cycling through again as if it is trying to successfully post which it eventually does. Only a very few times have I had it where that 20+ seconds turned into a no post upon very first power up. A quick hit of the reset button however has the system posting without a hitch.

I am not sure about lan dropping as I use gigabit but I know I have no sound dropping whatsoever. Only quam with this bios is I seem to have lost a fair amount of fsb speed to be stable.

Let us get this cold/warm boot issue 100% cured then maybe we can focus on features, stability and some new/unhidden options.