NF2 - Poll - your 6/19 BIOS Results

Angry_Games

44 members have voted

1. 1.

• Cures Cold Boot
    • Cures Warm Boot
    • Cures Cold & Warm Boot
    • Cures nothing!!! same results with this bios!
    • Cures issues but drops LAN
    • Causes major problems!!!
    • Causes Cold Boot
    • Causes Warm Boot
    • Causes Cold & Warm Boot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D so far and I have no problems that I can see from restarts out of windows XP.

I 'did' follow this exact method to totally clear CMOS and get a clean load using the 06/19 from the DFI beta bios site. Not any other 06/19's floating around.

Load Optimzed defaults. "I" flashed in Dos using awdflash 8.24F.

A:>awdflash n24id619.bin /cc /cp /cd /sn /py /cks /r and that syntax that has served me sO well since moving to the NF7 nearly 2 years ago and having to abandon it with DFI is now fine again.

1. Load Optimized defaults.

2. 8.xx awdflasher.

3. A:>awdflash n24id619.bin /cc /cd /cp /sn /py /cks /r

4. Will reboot and load optimized defaults save and exit.

5. As soon as starts to boot again> turn OFF the computer.

6. Remove A/c power cord.

7. Remove the battery.

8. Move CMOS jumper to clear position.

9. Let sit for no less than 30mins.

10. After 30mins, put battery back in and put CMOS clear to the RUN position and put A/c power back to power supply.

11. Turn power on and boot to bios and change only about 4 items at a time>save and exit. As it reboots go back and change a few more items until you get "your" settings made and also as you 'ease' upwards to your normal speed. Changing and saving a few items at a time is recommended for all boards with NF2 chipset.

12. If you change all the settings in bios at "one" time you may have to hit the reset button after coming out of bios save and exit. Do it. Keep saving and exitting as I said until you get back to your normal settings.

13. Now IF BH-5 try these settings to get you in the ball park if 2x256. 11, 2, 2, 2, Cas2.0 11, 15, E, E, F, ON, 5, 4, 6, 3, 3, 4, 5.

I am using Vcore 1.95, Vagp1.7, Vdd, 1.8 and Vmem of 3.3V at 251x10.5 on my borrowed BH-5 and completing 3drmark2k1 at that speed for the first time. 3.7Omega soft-mod.

NOTE: you WILL have to use the 5, 4, 6, 3, 3, 4, and 5 settings with this bios to GET 3dmark2k1 to finish. This bios will require that you *find* your personal settings and use them.

Then go and hammer the P out of it because it holds up and if you get too far out in left field it will just "reboot" and you set back to a less aggressive setting and go 'on' about your business. It can take a lot of hammering. Been doing it for about 20 hours straight now.

Some of you guys that know what you are doing and flash to 'less' than BH-5 or with 2x512 can flash and report back good complete 'ball park' settings and I think most will be able to run well without cold boot=no post problems and most likely warm restarts from windowsXP are not a problem with me; 'now'.

No I cannot give you any more idea of the settings other than these 'ballpark' ones for 2x256 BH-5. That is what I am testing with.

So far it is a good flasher using what 'i' used and it works, "now" because I totally and completely cleared the CMOS. When I did not 'totally' clear the CMOS> it still gave me some cold boot issues.

Try it you might like it.

OK for the hot dogs that can suffer with cold booting you may still find one of your favorites to be a little better for your benching. But it appears that *now* every single memory timing must be utilized to "score".

So there it is. Finally I can cold start this UI in my possession and beat the ever-loving P out of it and just go back in the bios and change what I want doing 3 or 4 items at a time and it works like a computer mobo so far. I will report if I find any flaws.

Sincerely, RGone...

AG Edit: we would like EVERYONE'S feedback on this bios. This bios is about to become official and we have exactly one week to give DFI-TW feedback to make sure it is proper bios, does what it is supposed to do, and doesn't raise any more issues (or worse issues!).

Please post your results here. If you flashed in a different way than RG's procedure, please tell us how you went about flashing this bios.

Again, it is IMPORTANT that you let us have feedback on this bios. If there's something that needs changing then we have to let TW know.

Things not to mention: this is not intended to give you more Mhz. You should be able to have the same overclock as before, but again, this bios was not written to give you more overclock. It WAS written to fix the boot issues and such.

Please dont ask for any new features. The important part of this bios is that it fixes cold boots, warm boots, no boots etc, and does it without any wire mods, voltage mods etc. This bios really needs to get official status as it has been since November 27, 2003 that we've had an official bios.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide us!!!

Angry_Games

For me it cures warm and cold boots compared to earlier releases (except 4-29, 5-5)... but sometimes hitting reset cannot get it back, for example after a lock up (clockgen, LOL) I hit reset and it stays at 4 LED. Then I hit reset for 2seconds again and it boots up. But that's easy to handle. Way better than having to hotflash or to do complex procedures to get it back ;)

It has no issues whatsoever with BH-5 as far I can tell. CMOS clear works fine, ram timings are accepted. It's got no stability issues so far and has very much options to set up :D

So get it published as an official bios :cat:

/edit.

I flashed using Winflash (came with the CD), no problems so far. I also flashed with fully OCed settings (I hope no unexperienced does it like me ;) ). I have to add, I always flash a bios twice in series with winflash (no reboot, just chose "flash" again), just make sure it's flashed completely. Maybe I am paranoid, but it always worked fine for me.

/2nd edit.

DLed it from DFI website beta page...

I used then earlier set of suggested switches, so I flashed w/ v8.24F and the /f switch. I lost my MAC address.

Ad

(p.s. if anyone can help me get it back, I'd sure like to hear in a different thread )

I think the 429 would of been a better success if the extra memory tweaks were set to auto upon flash like this 619...

The 619 is a splendid bios... I flashed my UI without the RGone procedure and it went just as well as the LPB using the RGone 1 hour ceremonial procedure...

The only cold boot issue I had was when I shut the LPB down for 3 or so days,, after that amount of time it would not boot and I would have to use the insert key,,, that cleared up with the 429 and remains clear with the 619... I have both UI and LPB running 250 FSB when ever I use them so I don't know if I would of had a cold boot issue at all at lower FSB...

At 260x10.5 on my UI with the 2600+M my BH5's hit 4020mb Sisoft BW,,,also got through 3DM2001 at that clock using Rgone's memory settings "thats a first for me" at such a high clock... The 619 is a keeper :D

I have to say thanks to DFI for sticking with it... if they quit at the 429/505 fiasco ,,, I would of been very disapointed in them... My warped socket was fixed free of charge another + for DFI...

I went out and bought another LPB yesterday :) it is doing 250fsb right now with the 619,,, but don't tell k0n,,, I don't know if he can fit another toaster worthy unit in my sig :D

Thanks,

CM

This bios isn't any good at all for me.. i got dropping usb, dropping sound and about the lan i don't know, because i only use the gigalan. The stability is also worse than the 1/21 bios.. one thing i never have understand is why Oscar just did'nt continue using the 1/21 bios and added the fixes to that bios, because thats the bios that is best for most of us...

This is very likely the reason 1/21/04 is not used as a basis for cold booting fix.

by Oskar Wu. If the cold boot problem is caused by romsip table ... there is no way to use cold boot fix in 1-21 bios ...

I have heard that same question posed before about 01/21 and that is a direct quote from Oskar Wu in 'answer' to that very question when he was asked the question.

I can only surmise that since the 04/29 and 05/05 were all generated from "other" than 01/21; that it was decided against using the 01/21 romsip table at all for the attempt to fix cold booting = no post.

Sincerely, RGone...

RGone: Thats bad, because i have never had any coldboot or warmboot problems, so thats why im sticking to the 1/21 bios.. all i want is a 1/21 bios w. extra memory timings, Mobile Barton Recognising, AGP latency changing and last a bootmenu :/