06/19 Fixes Cold-Boot - Please post HERE!

gcs3, if you don't have cpuz, do a search and pick it up. It will tell you what bios is running. I know how you feel, I've got a bios savior and am forever forgetting which one is running.

As for my computer: I guess 6/19 just isn't gonna work on my computer. When I tried to enter my MAC address in genie bios it locked up. When I used awdflash xx.bin /nvmac:xxx it didn't help...still no LAN. When I just enabled "Nvidia lan MAC address" in genie I got no post. So I'm giving up on 6/19.

I tried different versions of awdflash & w/ or w/o the /f switch. No go, so now I'm gonna try flashing back to a former bios and hope that it will pick up the MAC address from this 6/19. If not...I bought 3 new chips from elts_drac and have no worries!

AD

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K0E8NR

:)

First thing I didnt do it the RGONE way with floppy... I winflashed.. I lost my floppy drive 2weeks ago.. And put it to rest forever.. laid my faith in newer technology as i could not do it any other way..

It worked as far as i can tell... i was getting near 95% NO POST when i passed 250FSB... so i was desperate and RGONE"s post was promising .. my patience wearing thin..

i had one issue when i was in the bios and it hard locked on me.. there were 4 no posts in a row.. i just drained the power and tried after 5 min.. but i was calm and she came out of it.. waht caused it i dont know.. hitting a key and missing .. wind up hitting 4 @ the same time... ???

so with about 2 days streight with about 4 hour off with all my playings and noodling around and 100+ ive had no more problems other than the results of my noodling with the 7 new paramaters...

the things ive noticed are

1. i need higher voltages all around than 1/31 ..

2. my ide detect slowed down - i set the 2 slaves to none manually and only boot from hdd-0 .. maybe is why? javing issues with my dvd drive both bioses discs or even air before the bios displays and causes guess what ??? NO POST .. drive keeps on reading or looking for i dont know..

3. sandra doesnt report fsb correctly @245 it says 246... maybe just one of those weird rounding from the dividers and such.... but im thinking not..

but in all im quite pleased... and impressed none the less... its all i thought it would be and more.. other than that i had 5 year old monitor die on me... and it wasnt all that bad after the head banging on wall ... my r9800 rma fished me a r360 core...

so all is goodon my end... now i must get some sleep its been thre good long days.. and ill be back 4 sure now i have some free time

I think one of the good things about this Beta Bios is that It hasn't killed any motherboards so Far...

So it's safe even if someone doesnt have Bios Savior.. Like me , I dont have it.

Anyways It looks very promissing..

Maybe with a little more work everything could be fine ;)

After some extensive testing this bios is binned.

Issues:

Stabilty out the window with settings that were stable 24/4 be4

Reboots randomly

Voltages not helping

No cold boot issues here

Flashes fine

back to trusty old 1/21

Originally posted by mongoled

After some extensive testing this bios is binned.

Issues:

Stabilty out the window with settings that were stable 24/4 be4

Does it mean that your old settings were only stable 4 days out of the week? :shake:

Update - after more testing I too am going to officially bin it.

STill above issues

Although in all my testing I have found the 5/5 to be oh so good at clocking. Prime 4 hrs in at 263FSB (2-2-2-2-10) is not to be sneezed at :D On the 6/19 I was lucky to get 235.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Popcicle

lio

Please don't mix n' match TwinMos 256MB

with Corsair 512MB and see what happens.

Cheers M8.

Pops.

well it is the same no difference eve the corsair alone can`t do better

i resolved my cold boot after i flashed from 6-19 bios to 5-05 bios now i don`t have any cold boot issues and the insert key is working so i will stick to this one.

the strange thing is that this new infinity is the only nforce or sis board that have a pci lock and corrupts my windows and harddrive it was only my epox kt400 that corrupted my hard and windows when i pushed it beyond 200 mhz because of the high pci clock. but now this infinity corrupts it in the same way when i push over 240 mhz.

the old infinity never did this even at 260 mhz, so i think it is pretty strange could there be a problem with the pci lock on this board?

is there anyone to have the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Just as my little tid-bit of feedback, on my Infinity, I suddenly began having cold boot problems. Turned off the PSU, hit the power button a few times, then all was good since then (I had been handling the mem quite extensively installing heatspreaders).

Sometimes it almost seems like it has trouble cold-booting, but she comes alive in 4 or 5 seconds. :)