06/19 Fixes Cold-Boot - Please post HERE!

Any word from Oskar on adding "AGP-memory" timings as a seperate item... this would solve alot of 3D-stability issues if we could set CPU and AGP memory parameters seperately.

Always wondered what the equivalent to ABits "P2P-EXT" sata timing parameter was defaulted to in these bios's from DFI?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word from Oskar on adding "AGP-memory" timings as a seperate item... this would solve alot of 3D-stability issues if we could set CPU and AGP memory parameters seperately

Never going to happen. As a matter of fact I have advised against the 7 newly unhidden; at last for an official style bios, settings as being visible. The average joe six pack cannot at times deal with the various memory timings now that so much different flavors of memory are being sold and so much of it not really so hot for the NF2 chipset.

There are a couple of timings that can be set in the 7 mystery settings that will cause no boot themselves. So I am not fond of the idea of them being visible either. But they unhid them and that is there business.

The short answer is really all emphasis has been in getting away from the cold boot = no post which did cause some RMA's. Period. My own personal guess is that the iffyness of AMD in the socket A market is going to cause DFI to go A64 fairly rapidly in order to be tuned up for the highend 939 market just at the doorstep. More costly to get in but likely more profitable in the long run for manufacturing.

However as crazy as the whole of computering is right now; like with all the new Intel 925/915 boards having to be called back and AMD never sure from one day to the next what they will do> it actually is more like needing a crystal ball to see more than 15 minutes into the future and be for real about it. Hehehehehe.

Sincerely, RGone...1ster

My update on 6-19 bios.

Doesn't have cold-boot issues (if PSU master switch is turned off) but does have warm-boot issues about 1/3rd to 1/4th of the time (system being shutdown from windows but not switched off completely). Mysterious behaviour.

And I'm having the "war-mod" installed as well.

Guest spacemonkey

cold boot still present after system being off for the night.

system shutdown/restart problems (warmboot) seem to have gone.