New beta bios (6-19-04) for lanparty

Bios details

To solve the occasionally auto reboot issue.

To solve the cold-boot bug after removing and re-plugging power cord.

To solve the Bug of S3 Resuming.

To also Support "Boot Menu" feature.

To also include the micro codes of mobile CPUs.

To improve the BIOS writing-back process to minimize the possibility in getting BIOS crashed.

Lanparty

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=B&SITE=NA

Infinity

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=B&SITE=NA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) I know people flock to the latest in hopes of but read carefully the beta disclaimer as always and if you do not have a safety net then you best proceed with the utmost caution and common sense.

A few notes from some that have tried it:

the first time i booted with the new bios it gave me a warm-boot(only the 4th led on the motherboard light up and stayed on), so i turn off the power to the computer and turn it back on after 10 seconds, now everything is running fine FOR now

Cold Boot issue not solved presently for me.

my board also does not like the 06/19 BIOS. The board will not do a Windows "Restart" (warm boot) especially after running a heavy CPU load (Prime95).

The flash using WinFlash did not go well. Was forced to clear CMOS twice to get it to post.

I am experiencing issues with cold boots needing a reset as well as the warm boot after priming/heavy CPU load.

These are 'quotes' from people who have really used the 06/19 and are real world results, so you are cautioned and advised.

The best I can do at this time. Sincerely, RGone...

:) wisdom?/! :)

The truth is alvarez_; if you are not experiencing cold boot and you do not resume from S3 then the 06/19/04 likely does not stand a chance to do anything for you.

I find it does not give me one "single" FSB more in testing. Not even one.

Sincerely, RGone...

Originally posted by RGone

:) wisdom?/! :)

The truth is alvarez_; if you are not experiencing cold boot and you do not resume from S3 then the 06/19/04 likely does not stand a chance to do anything for you.

I find it does not give me one "single" FSB more in testing. Not even one.

Sincerely, RGone...

thx again for da advice... :angel:

any comment bout da stability??? wat i feel so far is... when im testin 255~257 2-2-2-11 cpc on... i'll easily get OS coruption... so maybe im searchin da one dat wont make my OS coruption when tryin 255+ ... :cat:

:)

when im testin 255~257 2-2-2-11 cpc on... i'll easily get OS coruption... so maybe im searchin da one dat wont make my OS coruption when tryin 255+ ...

Not really surprised you would get corruption at that rate and this notion that a bios can cure that on these high strung and sometimes tempermental mobo's is by and large a joke to me. People do it alright enough and some will swear 'they' do better on X bios than Y bios and that might be possible in some extreme cases where they just have a weird memory combo, but I have noticed no useable FSB change from one bios to another and I have tried about 17 for the UI boards and about 10 for the LPb including those that will 'kill' if used un-wisely.

I had pretty good BH-5 until I foolishly let it go to TW for testing of my mobo and others. Had I known they already had some BH-5 it would have never left my possession. Back to point. I always set my memory to 11, 3, 2, 2, Cas2.0 by the time I reached 253FSB in order to alleviate the O/s corruption. If one persists in pushing past the place where the memory can function effectively and efficiently by just holding to 2,2,2,2,2,2,2; then I have no doubt that O/s corruption can occurr. It is the memory and not the bios that is failing. IMO.

Sincerely, RGone...

Nice, a new bios to play with

:)

Seeing ive just managed to run prime95 for over 8hrs with 240x11.5 with Evilous B505-C18 i can test this one out. Only problem is i need to have the xtra timings available in bios. If these arnt present then need someone to mod to enable these features.

mong

Well, I just winflashed the 6/19 on my Infinity. No problems whatsoever, posted straight away. But I always reboot and reset the bios to defaults before flashing.

However, I have to confirm what RGone said about the bios not giving even ONE more FSB. Stuck exactly where I was before. Which ain't so bad, I guess.

At any rate, haven't tested the resume from S3 yet, but all else seems fine. No post problems, no cold boot issues yet, despite much hard overclocking and rebooting. For some reason, this bios just feels a little more "solid" so to speak, to me.

YMMV.

Ok just to correct my first post, this bios has the xtra mem timings enabled. I put in the same settings as my last bios but for some reason it took four attempts to be able to get into one of my OS's. The bootup sequence would just freeze either entering windows or just be4.

Ive just stuck on prime95 to test the mem (large fft's) and take it from there. Am i right in assuming to enable the 'resume from S3' is to enble the APIC setting POS S3??

found a weird little bug, pretty sure it's caused by this BIOS, but some confirmation would be nice.

Since flashing to the 6/19 bios, 8rdavcore now reads the FSB 10mhz low. By that I mean, when it loads and detects current FSB, it detects it as, say, 240 if it's set to 250, or 220 if it's set to 230. Weird, huh?

WCPUID and CPU-Z recognize it correctly. however.