see i think drugs have done .....

nVidiaGuru

22 members have voted

1. 1.

• i used to be a user and i disagree
    • i used to be a user and i 100% agree
    • wtf are you talking about???
    • im gonna use till the day i die

........some good things for us, I really do. If you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all of your records, tapes, and all your CD's and burn them. Because, you know what? all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years?

im not gone yet!!!!

While your comments about great music being made by artists while high has validity, certainly many of the musicians made even better music when straight.

Substance abuse (be it alcohol, weed, pills, or mainlining) is not only deadly to the user but to those around them. It destroys entire families, trust me on that.

You get a lot more done being straight. As David Crosby once said, "it's amazing what the human body can recover from". I was a teenager in the sixties, been there done that. My advice, don't.

crazy azes Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith. Better than ever and straight. Walk This Way.

P.S. Voted WTF

I spent several years working as a lab tech in an emergency room in a community that was notorious for its heroin, although I saw almost every other drug abused. I could go on and on about the damage it did to the users, their families, and sometimes innocent bystanders. Ever see anyone come into the ER with a 17 hemoglobin (high end of normal amount of blood) and puke it all out and die in 24 hours? We couldn't transfuse blood fast enough. That's what chronic alcoholism can get you. I'll also never forget the gal begging me for clean syringes and needles on whom I later did a positive pregnancy test. I have lots of stories, and none of them heartwarming.

Nobody in our band does drugs, does that mean our music isn't great?

Originally posted by nVidiaGuru

...If you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor...

Here's the condensed version:

You'll quit drugs someday. If you're still alive you'll wish you'd quit a lot sooner. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by soundx98

While your comments about great music being made by artists while high has validity, certainly many of the musicians made even better music when straight.

The Ramones are a perfect example. After several albums they got cleaned up for a while and made what I consider to be their best album -- "Brain Drain". Shortly thereafter they "got back to their roots". Now I think two of them are dead and one is nearly dead due to the effects of their abuses. :rolleyes:

btw.... voted WTF.... not all great music is drug inspired.

i did a lot when i was younger. havent touched em since i was about 26. I actually have a great job, a house, a car, a zillion computers, big tv, gf that doesnt do drugs.

does life revolve around material items? in a small way maybe, but not really. But when you are all doped out, you have nothing, and you keep nothing. Because it all goes to dope. All my $1000 guitars, $2500 rackmount processors, $500 speaker cabinets, tv's, computers, money, car, everything went to dope back then.

momma and i been discussing getting me a guitar for about a year. Im fearful of owning one again because everytime ive owned one, i got wasted on drugs for long period and ended up selling/pawning it. That period of life is over now for good, and I've never felt better. I may not giggle as much, but I also don't sweat when I see mr policeman get behind me in traffic...

ps: the music our band made while high on dope was never as good as our sober music ;)

Don't need any substances or chemicals to make me feel good, better or accepted. I'm very happy and productive straight.

As far as music is concerned, I've played for years and still do.

One has gotta know how to play first. Know that "FRETBOARD", differents keys, patterns that make up scales, arpeggios, sweep picking and a bunches more. If ones playing mainly is strumming open string chords drugs can't help you. Invest the time to learn the instrument and to write songs. Drugs don't make great songs the player and song writer does. At best, drugs may enhance creativity for some, but for most, drugs get in the way.

Guest culinist

I've played guitar poorly for 25 years now and I can say that my best licks came when I was sober. Don't have a problem with partying what so ever though. But if you are outta control, that's a different story.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont want to argue with anyone ......but being myself i LOVE mary jane...and i 100% believe music is 10x better on mary jane. IF you are lucky you are a creative smoker and when your high you create music/art that is beyond a sober state, for example(in one way or another) i LOVE tool's music sober or high but when im high thier music/lyrics take a whole new meaning...and i believe that if you have not been high then you cannot object to this because you have not experienced it. This is my opinon/assumption but i think that most of your favortite musicians have been high to some degree or another...it may have taken thier highness to discover thier true potential but never the less its there. Bottom line (my opinion) being high has touched or given them an idea to create this music....and being sober has enabed them to put this music together.

I dont want this to turn into a flame thread so i will also state that mary jane has screwed my life up directly or through another way but i cannot imagine a life w/o trying it atleast once.....live a little people, were all going to die someday so its up to you and i choose not to live my life costrained by what other people say or think. I do what i think is within reason.

Now since most of you think im a crackhead/pothead I have not been high in nearly 2 months...so as cliche as it may sound or as little time as 2 months sounds to you. I can and will quit smoking when neccessary. I smoke as a recreation because i like the way it makes me feel and think...you are entitled to your opinions and i respect that......

well here is my view of that:

i´m 29 years old have 2 children ,6 and 1,5 years old.

i´m married,i work and live as most ppl do.

i used drugs from the age of 16.

first coffe,then smoking,then drinking,then smoking pot,then tryed couple of times cocain,discovered extasy,and finnaly LSD.

so i think i can talk bout that.i used to play guitar in a band.

yes drugs are not good for ur health.

but the greastest songs for me were written under the influence of drugs.

as ur overclocks make great benchmarks,they are not good for ur cpu. ;)

smoking is the only thing i´m still doing,and i find it hard to quit,can´t do it till now.

alchool destroys family and everithing arround u,but it´s legal.

pot ,i smoked all my life,never done anithing bad to me.one day i decided i did not want to smoke it no more i did not.no problems at all.

cocain destroys everytingh,don´t mess with that,i tryed it couple of times,it´s nice,but not my kind of stuff,never had it again.

extasy was great times,i loved that ..but it has screwed my brain and my body real hard,i still suffer from the use of it today.

was hard to quit,i had to struglle ,i won.my older child was the reason i won.was born in that time.

LSD was the most fascinating stuff i had ever tasted.

i quited using it for the same reason i quited extasy,my child.

i quited it easily.no problems.

this drug was awesome,and many of the music made in the 60/70´s,was made by using this substance,or were made thinking of it.for me the best music was made in those times.

extasy for example ,yes it is a drug,but did u know cientists know now that mdma in the extasy have awesome results in treating parkinson desease?

everithing in this world has good and bad things.

nothing is bad or good.

peace to u all.

must go smoke some tobbaco,i´m desperate. ;)