Anyone up for a post a pic of yourself thread?

elts_drac

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, just last spring i was in Brooklyn just off of Rockaway street. i was visiting one of my girlfriends ther for about a month. that was fun. NY is sooo diferent than anywhere i've ever been.

she's an engineer, and not into overclocking, hehe. guess i'm a rare breed. i grew up a "tom boy" and all.

TGM

NYC's a pretty unique place. Rochester's quite different, though (as well as about as far away from NYC as you can get without leaving the state). The weather here is especially crazy. One day it's 50 degrees (it's January-February mind you) and the next day it's 30. And then some days (right now) it's 45 degrees but snowing like St. Petersburg. I complain about Rochester a lot (the people, the weather, etc) but all in all, it's home. :)

And getting 3.2 Ghz from that CPU will definitely get you a lot of respect, at least from over here. :nod:

NYC's a pretty unique place. Rochester's quite different, though (as well as about as far away from NYC as you can get without leaving the state). The weather here is especially crazy. One day it's 50 degrees (it's January-February mind you) and the next day it's 30. And then some days (right now) it's 45 degrees but snowing like St. Petersburg. I complain about Rochester a lot (the people, the weather, etc) but all in all, it's home. :)

And getting 3.2 Ghz from that CPU will definitely get you a lot of respect, at least from over here. :nod:

yah, the weather is the same way over here, in fact, it's prolly a tad more unstable as i live between two great lakes. right now, i'm living in a historic building, built in 1865, right on the lake; it's literally about 35 meters from me. right across the street. the building awesome too. my apartment has 15' tall ceilings! lol

i actually know someone that lives in Rochester. he grew up there too; lots of farm land. he's an engineer for Kodac and was one of many on the Hubble lense project. he's a really nice guy. he came out to Detroit, when i lived there, to visit me several times.

3.2GHz for that core is pretty good for water. i've seen a MAX air OC of 3.388GHz but that was a suicide shot with 1.78vcore. :eek: so an everyday clock on that core on air is about 3.0ghz and water is about 3.2ghz. but each core is different and each person possesses different abilities. :)

TGM

I grew up in upstate NY (Lake George) and have been through Rochester many times. Not a bad place!

It's ok. I live in the town of Greece (all the schools are named after Greek gods lmao) and it definitely seems there's a mentality shared by most of its inhabitants. But go into the neighboring Hilton, for example, and it's very different, which really proves my theory about schools having a big impact on the mentality of society. And the schools here are not pleasent :P

I'm lucky to be homeschooled, and I can count overclocking as part of my education besides =D

As a side note, we got some of Katrina up here. I was actually walking along the lake at the time (I walk a lot) and my umbrella was completely useless. I just used it as a shield to repel rocks and sand blown up from the shore, it was like a hail of shrapnel lol

yah, the weather is the same way over here, in fact, it's prolly a tad more unstable as i live between two great lakes. right now, i'm living in a historic building, built in 1865, right on the lake; it's literally about 35 meters from me. right across the street. the building awesome too. my apartment has 15' tall ceilings! lol

i actually know someone that lives in Rochester. he grew up there too; lots of farm land. he's an engineer for Kodac and was one of many on the Hubble lense project. he's a really nice guy. he came out to Detroit, when i lived there, to visit me several times.

3.2GHz for that core is pretty good for water. i've seen a MAX air OC of 3.388GHz but that was a suicide shot with 1.78vcore. :eek: so an everyday clock on that core on air is about 3.0ghz and water is about 3.2ghz. but each core is different and each person possesses different abilities. :)

TGM

That would be Michigan and Superior, right? That's cool, living on the beach. There used to be a lot more farm land here, in fact about a hundred years ago I think this whole area was farmland as well. Could've been longer ago, though. What's weird is that in the midst of the closely knit housing around here, there is one house on Latta Rd that looks like a farm. There's tons of land (relatively) and the house looks like a barn. And it's like right in the middle of everywhere (as opposed to the middle of nowhere) so I have no idea what it's all about. You can see what I'm talking about on Google maps probably.