Anyone up for a post a pic of yourself thread?

elts_drac

The trigger is a bit heavy, but with practice, I have been able to hit 10 bulls at 100 meters in 1.1 minutes.

That's damn tough for me with a rifle much less a handgun.

I practice at 25 and 50 feet from a standing position with draw from my shoulder holster. I figure I've only had to draw twice and fire once so I stick with what works.

I remember qualifying prone and supine at Fort Benning before going to work civilian in Lybia before we had our trouble with Kadaffi(sp?).

My next door neighbor growing up was a Korean Vet. During Basic he would dead-eye every target then trade with the boys to get out of work duties. When they shipped out, those guys went right to the front and they made him a diesel- mechanic.

He had a Desert Eagle and was just deadly with that thing. He could go squirel hunting with it and come back with headless carcasses. Amazing shot. He had two single action .44 revolvers. He could walk an empty coke can 12 feet with 12 shots every time and never leave a mark on the can.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am glad the topic of firearms came up. This is something I know a "little" about. Not to be out gunned I am the guy on the left side in the picture. I am firing my self built & designed .50 bmg rifle. I was inspired by the Iver Johnson/AMAC design. The action and bolt is made from carpenter A-2 tool steel.

The barrel is a cut rifles K&P stainless & fluted with a clam shell muzzle brake.

The bi-pod is from a M60. It the picture it had a wood butt stock. I have since replaced it with a skeletonized aluminum stock. I hand load my ammo.

If you want to fire something REALLY neat I swage my own bullets built like a Glaser safety slug. Use new magnum rifle brass (.338 mag.). Cut to length.

Swage ogive on bullet. Put in lathe and turn belt down to .511 diameter.

Loctight a spent primer in primer pocket. Weigh out hard lead shot and add to swaged case. Seal end with RTV of hot melt. You now have a pre-fragmented 510 grain projectile at about 3700 FPS. You can shoot a 5 gallon jug of liquid and it disappears. I did all the machining myself. I am a toolmaker by trade.

Don't piss off someone good with hand tools!

MEANDMY50.jpg

bryan...you BETTER be a freakin Blackhawks fan...cuz my brother and i are coming to CHI to see a game whenver the hell they get the NHL going again...

(and my brother and i will spend the entire trip talking in russian accents because we believe we are re-incarnated russian defensemen!)

LMAO We'll do steak and beers You Better Believe I'm a blackhawks fan :P

*KGB Russian accent*

goood gooood komrade. we will not checkz you into boards then no? Goood russians must be together strong!

http://www.angrygames.com/hockey.htm

we only have ECHL here but we play Xbox NHL 2k5 about 3 times a week and LOVE the Blackhawks (we always go for the crappiest teams and root for them! and there just something about Blackhawks jerseys that make us crazy and communist-violent hahaha)

• 2 months later...