Sign in to follow this  
elts_drac

Anyone up for a post a pic of yourself thread?

OMG That’s too funny.

Look at the names on the front of the combine in the first picture. Jerry, Randy, Jody, Dave, Garry, Cody, Jerry and Kirby. Dave must be from a different family since his name doesn’t end in “Y”.

you cant see "Bobby" cuz its hidden by a death-tooth (or whatever those things are hahaha) but that is Rgone (Robert, Bob, hence Bobby...but say it like Hank Hill does on King of the Hill..."dammit buh-obby" heh)

Don't piss-off a retired Marine...

SteveAiming.jpg

SteveBeforeFiring.jpg

SteveFiring.jpg

...or you might find yerself on the wrong end of that .50. :nod: :shake: :D :eek2: :P:sweat:

And the k00l look:

AceGoober.jpg

AceGoober, is that the .223/5.56mm or the .380? I couldn't get a clear look at the chamber.

That is the Serbu .50 cal, single shot, bolt-action rifle.

That is the Serbu .50 cal, single shot, bolt-action rifle.

Yeah, I typed magazine the first time. Doh!. I was thinking of another weapon. But damn, .50cal! I want you on my team.

I have a Steyr Aug .223 cal that's over 20 years old. I have the standard 24inch, long 30inch with bipod and 18inch close support barrels. The four 30 round magazines are all original but I have had the firing pin replaced twice.

I have the model A1 with both sets of hammer mechanisms.

Here's a link...

http://remtek.com/arms/steyr/aug/specs/family.htm

Off to my right is a wide open canyon that stretches up to 2700 meters at it's widest point. Me and a good buddy of mine were shooting beer bottles off a rock at 2100 meters. It is outfitted with a fixed 16x scope with compressed aiming hairs. Works quite well!

Off to my right is a wide open canyon that stretches up to 2700 meters at it's widest point. Me and a good buddy of mine were shooting beer bottles off a rock at 2100 meters. It is outfitted with a fixed 16x scope with compressed aiming hairs. Works quite well!

I really want you on my team.

We used to burn through NATO surplus ammo to the tune of 1,000 rounds a weekend. I guess the .50cal is just a little more expensive. Do you load you own?

In the most common instance, I purchase the standard BMG 647 grain rounds. But, if I have time before the next shoot, I will load my own. I normally go with a 710 grain load but will sometimes get brave and load the 780 Allison V-10 killers :nod: Only problem is that even with the special muzzle break, it is a b*tch on my shoulder.

I got so excited I had to go pop off a few rounds with my Glock in the back yard(rural living in the city limits). I carry a Model 19(small frame) with two Model 17 mags with +2 heels giving me 19 rounds in a mag. I also have in integrated laser that replaced the slide spring stay. You simply push the slide release to either side and the laser pusles .3 seconds with .15 illumination. Damn intimidating at night.

We lost our local firing range due to lead contamination when the facility was annexed by the city. The military opened their range to the public but a new highway needed land so now we have to drive 50 miles to use the range at Stennis Space Center. It's a class A range but with the Space Shuttle resuming flights soon they have started testing the rocket engines again cutting back the hours of operation. When Rolls Royce opens their jet engine test facility next year I can see them having to move the range.

The Navy Seals have a new live fire facility inside the Stennis Space center grounds. I think they get 33 square miles to themselves when they are onsite.

but I have had the firing pin replaced twice.

ROFLMAO. not surprized at all.

to the tune of 1,000 rounds a weekend

peeing in pants.

nothing like blowin up sheet with bullets :)

That about sucks on multiple levels ExRoadie. There is only 1 authorized .50cal firing range in California and I'll be damned if I am driving 10 hours to get there.

Even though I have a concealed weapons permit, the Highway Patrol might not like me having a .50 in my backseat :sweat:

My pride and joy the .44 Desert Eagle Magnum Stainless with custom wood grips. The trigger is a bit heavy, but with practice, I have been able to hit 10 bulls at 100 feet in 1.1 minutes.