Sign in to follow this  
deception``

AGP Latency

I am somewhat frustrated with my LP B. The 1/31 bios is great and all, but for some reason I still can't get 250 fsb 3dmark stable:mad: Anyway, I was curious about the 1/21 bios, but I always had problems

getting my AGP latency setting to stick after a reboot ( I used 8rdavcore). What do you guys use to lock the AGP latency at 32? Thanks.

:confused: frequency is 66 and the latency is in increments of 32/48/64 etc. at least most of the time.

RGone...

to change the latency of the AGP you will need one of the beta bioses that has this option (RG help me out here lol).

before you do that though, have you tried giving a little more voltage to the agp, vdd, vdimm, cpu, or combinations of those items?

I use the 1/31 for this exact option. I have tried almost all of the betas up to the 4/29 and 5/5 series. I'd like to use 1/21, but would also like a way to lock my agp latency at 32 (which is what i use now for the 1/31 bios). This is not a matter of me trying to figure out what number to lock it at, but rather HOW to do effectively do so on a bios that does not give the option. Also, I have tried numerous combos of volts and have even adjusted the driving strengths of my ram a couple of times.

...as far as I know the AGP latency in the bioses that do nOt have the option to change the AGP latency is 32 and that is the exact AGP lantency you claim to want to set to. So when running a bios without the adjustment you should be exactly where you want to be especially on an ATI card. So far as I know that would not be rocket science.

I know the default AGP latency on the 12/10; 12/18 and the 12/31 were all using 32 as the AGP lantency and I have no reason to believe they later bioses just suddenly changed to another value for the default or preset value. I know this because a good friend of mine was 'always' using 8rdaVcore to move his to a larger aGp latency on those bioses. He claimed to get 3dmark2k1 to complete better with a 'higher', AGP latency. Obviously you two do not agree. His 3dmark2k1 scores were in the 22500 range at 242x11 with a 2400+ mobile cpu. But then he is a tweaker of that bench and a nut about it, so much so that I p'd him off by saying once that he didn't need a case only set the thing up on a board; because he did not need a computer only a bench mark machine. Hehehehehe.

My guess even though you don't show it in your sig is that you are using 512 sticks? Correct/incorrect guess? 250x? anything is going to take some real finesse and luck to get 3dmark2k1 capable anyway on air, especially if my guess of 2x512 sticks was accurate.

Just a few observations that I have come across.

Sincerely, RGone...

Yes I am well aware that the 1/21 agp latency was 255. I know this becuase it caused problems with my sound card in certain situations. In terms of volts, I have tried all the max settings for vdimm, vchip, and vagp, and have tried my mobile barton up to 1.9v maybe. I can get into windows fine, and I can even benchmark Aquamark3 just fine at 10x250, but 3dmark2001SE ALWAYS quits, so I tone my o/c down back to 10x240 which is 100% stable. However, I do want to reach a stable fsb of 250.

AGP latency set by 8rdavcore won't stick after a reboot, but you can set it to start with windows, and it'll apply then. It's a small program, and monitors temp and voltage too, so it's not a bad deal overall.

...so you're trying to do 10x250 on 1.9 vcore? :rolleyes:

@10x240 I need 1.925v for total stability

@10x250 I can use 1.975v

and 10x255 requires 2.0v definately

and 1.7v, 1.7v, 3.3 vdimm too :nod:

also that same friend RGone's referring to

convinced me to increase agp latency and I saw stability and higher scores in 3dmuck w/128 & 160

and RGone hisself yelled at me until I cranked the agp freq. up

to 75MHz and I again saw better stability and scores

gl

Originally posted by deception``

What do you guys use to lock the AGP latency at 32? Thanks.

An easy way is to use 8rdavcore v0.8.7 as jp has suggested. A better way is to use WPCRSET, but this will take some effort to find out which register controls AGP Latency.