DFI LanParty 865PE Sound Problem

I built a system using the DFI LanParty 865PE. Everything went off without a hitch except one thing, I have no sound. Just to get you up to speed on what I have done. I have installed all the drivers on DFI's site. Went through the live updates. Have the latest BIOS. I have 2 set of speaker, Logitech Z-680's and Creative Labs TT7700's. They work on my other compters so I know its not the speakers. It shows up in the device manager with no conflicks, I deleted the sound from the device manager and rebooted to reinstall, didn't help. Everything is correct in my BIOS. I had it overclocked but set the BIOS back to defaults, didn't help. I have tried everything to no avail. I am MCSE certified in Networking Essentials, Windows 98, Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows NT Server 4.0 in the Enterprise, TCP/IP 4.0, and Internet Information Server 4.0 and have been building systems since the mid 1990's. Just wanted to include that so you don't think I'm a n00b. I thought it was the speakers at first cuz all the devices are there with no conflicks and when I go to play something, EX: a mp3 it plays it but without sound. I have been thru the entire system many times. Everything is present and anything that can play sounds it plays them just with nothing coming out the speakers. Speakers are plugged in the right jacks. I have never come across this problem and know off nobody who has.

Can it be a bad sound jack? I have no idea what else it could be. I tried e-mailing DFI like 5 times over a 2 week period. Nobody is returning my e-mails. Any help would be appreciated in advance It really upsets me as the system turned out nice. I posted pics here. http://www.designsbylee.biz/mod/uvmod2.html

http://www.designsbylee.biz/mod/uvmod3.html

have you checked the jumper settings for front panel audio? I know on a lot of boards if you had front panel audio jacks connected and then took them off you have to put the jumpers back or it screws your sound, also you might want to try plugging in front panel (if you don't have it already) and seeing if headphones get sound? Just thinking out loud. . .

Originally posted by LoMbArD

have you checked the jumper settings for front panel audio? I know on a lot of boards if you had front panel audio jacks connected and then took them off you have to put the jumpers back or it screws your sound, also you might want to try plugging in front panel (if you don't have it already) and seeing if headphones get sound? Just thinking out loud. . .

I never installed the frontX. The jumpers are how they came from the factory.

go ahead and put the jumpers like you will use front audio. see what happens, then replace them to defaults. We've seen this sort of issue on the NF2 LP boards.

i also apologize, I for some reason cannot read and thought this was an INF 865PE board. Momma (AG's gf) has the LP865 board installed and i can do a check of that if changing jumpers doesnt have any effect (her sound works properly)