The please explain your HANDLE thread.

elts_drac

My first internet handle was BUSKAHEAD. Buska is a finnish term for CRAP but it starts with an S in american. I then started racing in Nascar Racing 2002 as Bud08 cause I am a Dale Earnhardt Jr fan. Problem is everybody calls everyone Bud on teamspeak or ventrillo or when they type and it was confusing. Like sorry bud-dint mean to crash into you- or hey Bud what the **** u doing? So I became Budster. My other name is Running Bear in all the hunting and shooting games i play. Hmmmm, BUSKAHEAD might be making a comeback. LOL

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 1994 I watched a 6th generation VHS-copy of an italian movie ("Inferno"), directed by Dario Argento. I was (and still am) a horrorbuff, and at that time I was heavily into goth, myths, legends and alternative stuff. Anyway, during the movie, a scene took place in a closed bookstore, and the camera panned across a shelf in a closeup and I caught the title of one of the books which was "Scyphian Book of Dreams" which I thought sounded awesome. I promptly named my then-going band Scyphian Dreams and derived Scyphe as a nick from that.

Several years later (2001) I bought the retail DVD of the movie and watched it again. Lo and behold, at that scene, I saw the title of the book clearly for the first time (remember, the vhs-copy was 6th generation or something), and the title was actually "Egyptian Book of Dreams"......

Which made the whole thing even cooler... :) Scyphian Dreams and Scyphe are pretty original. I've checked it out and there IS a word "Scyphe" which is french or Latin for chalice or tubing or similar, used by Nostradamus and other texts.

Anyway, I'm so identified with the nick that I don't find a single reason to change it.

ExRoadie

Stems from touring with the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, KISS, Foghat, 38 Special, ELO and a bunch of other bands in the early 80's.

The last two road jobs I did were as LASER Tech for the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe roller-skating show that was built in my home town of Baton Rouge and as a High-Rigger for the 1988 Republican Convention in New Orleans.

After these jobs I decided to quit the road so everyone I knew from the business just picked up on that and started calling me ExRoadie.

Guest nytmare

I played soul caliber 2 couple of times and loved the one character nightmares ... of course nightmares and knightmares were already pretty popular on the internet so i typed it with as much slang as possiblle and thus nytmarezz was born

Well the first online video game that I played was Mechwarrior4,prolly about 5-6 years ago .. I couldnt think of a handle to play with, then I just thought of THunDA and figured it sounded cool :)

Ive kept it ever since and use it in all gamesforums I sign up for.

Sounds like a good reason to me THunDA.

Ok I'll post mine since people seem to make weird assumptions about it.

Poisonsnak is from back when I was on AOL (this is like 9 years ago) I wanted to be Poisonsnake because hey I was 12 that's a cool name, but AOL limited screen names at the time to 10 characters so I lopped off the E and have been that way since.

I get a lot of "poison snack" like people think I drink cleaning products ::shudder::, and one guy who thought it was short for "poison snatch" which I don't even really understand.

My nick comes from the first two letters of my first and middle names....

And you thought I wasn't going to tell you what they were. :P

Robin John

Lessee, mines easy.

Howard, becuase thats bmy last name, and Col. b/c I first registered on here as Howard, but accidentially deleted the email, so I had to reregister and threw in the Col. becuase thats my rank for my CoD/CoDUO clan.

w00t.

well, for the longest time, i played rainbow six... and i smoked a hell of alot of weed, so kronic just seemed natural.

but, after smoking weed for so long, i stared doing lots of other drugs, like extasy, ya know "the good stuff", well i had hit an all time low and decided to whack myself.. but i was stopped and spent some time in the loony bin to "straighten out"

so i went with kronic_187 cause the police code for suicide is "914s" but "187" is for homicide... and it sounds cooler.

yeah that's my story... think it's sad ?

lol :D

[This IS a public forum with a few women and younger children. Please refrain from cursing so blatantly.]