The please explain your HANDLE thread.

elts_drac

Well I don't usually go by wodan, I usually go by nytmare or nytmarezz (my pcper.com/amdmb.com name). I picked wodan as a handle a while back on a few forums because I wanted to start fresh, not have people recognize me at other forums under by nytmare name. That didn't last too long ... I eventually went back to nytmare/nytmarezz.

Now as for the background of it..... wodan (also known as odin in other dialects) = god of wisdom and war in germanic/norse mythology....

(1) I have a german background

(2) I enjoy playing war-like games

(3) I didn't see it being used a lot around the web (even though there are a few other wodans out there...)

I actually go by a lot of handles in games/forums... here is a few of them... :

kuhla

nytmare

nytmarezz

randoman

UR^wodan

In regards to my "nytmare" or "nytmarezz" handle, I used to play Soul Caliber 2 a lot and really liked playing as Nightmare (a character in the game, a fighter game) so I just went with it online....

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Big Snowmobile Nut, Well not really a nut.

One of my snowmobiles is a Snopro ZR440 racing sled, I dont race, atleast not professionaly anyway.

I ride hard & fast, most have trouble keeping up with me.

Ive been rider for many years.

I ride mostly in the UP & Northern Wis. (Upper Pencila Michigan in the USA is one of the best places on Earth to ride)

When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Ride There Too!

Snowpro.

What needs 'splaining.......LOL

Actually it was an attempt on my part to elicit some sympathetic and gentle answers to my nOOb and ignorant questions back when I was a rookie and building my first rig.

Worked for the most part too, You wippersnappers can be sooooo cruel at times.

:nod:

My handle is from Celtic Mythology. Seeing Im into all things Celtic. http://www.celtnet.org.uk/gods_c/cythrawl.html

See, it means Evil Person or Devil :D that about sums me up. Some other Celtic scholars also think that its the Celtic Version of Hell.

I have been using the name since way back in the Quake 2 days when I was part of the UK Clan Minor Threat. We did quite well, and had one of the highest scoring games ever when we battled the SpizeGrls. I think the game ended with like 245 kills to 2. And we were mostly all on 56k Dial up modems at that (Lag city).