Best Cordless mouse

red930

I’ve read a bunch in various “this mouse is the best” forums but nobody really talks about the mouse surface they use. I don’t know the exact surface that I use but I can say without question that my first gen optical mouse works MUCH better on my new mouse pad than my old one. My old mouse pad was one designed for a ball mouse and when I switched to a cheap optical mouse I found it jumping all over the place. Some people suggested the problems I was having was due to the color of my old pad (red) and said I should get a different color, either green or blue. The new mouse pad I use (black) seems to correct the jumping. It has a series of stacked cubes (anyone remember Q*bert?) printed on the smooth top layer of the pad that seems to stop the jumping of my optical mouse. I’ve seen products that have a hex grid printed on the pad plus a random series of dots in each hex that are said to improve optical tracking, but I can’t help but wonder if it is a gimmick or if simply the new gen of optical mice are better. Opinions?

• 2 months later...

The new MX1000 is very nice. One thing worth noting though, for gaming it takes a little getting used to.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but when I play I often need to lift the mouse slightly to readjust where it is on the mousing surface. When you do this with most optical mouse after you lift it a few millimeters it stops tracking, which is good, thats what you want it to do so you can sit it back down an mouse from where you left off. Because of the laser in the MX1000 it keeps tracking with the mouse considerably further from the mousing surface leading to erratic movement. After a while you learn how to compensate for this behaivour (sp) and it becomes less of an issue.

It takes a little while to get the sensitivity set right but once it's done its done.

Overall a very nice mouse. No slow down or lag from the Fast RF in FPS games. Very accurate, all the shots I used to miss with my old $10 generics now hit home. Its a little heavy, but again you get used to it and adjust. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and everyday it feels more and more natural.

I will agree with everything katch said, (although I just got mine today and haven't had time to game with it yet) i definitely noticed the tracking while picking up, even in office applications etc, but it is awesome! I upgraded from a logitech cordless mouse (the first one they came out with, still tracked w/ a ball) and instantly I can tell a huge difference, even from my MS optical that I use @ work. . .can't wait to go gaming tonight with it.

Originally posted by Angry_Games

ultimate mousing surface:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=1388

Jacky and I working to get some distro in USA/CDN!

Stop telling us about how great they are when we cant get one!!! It's cruel and unusual punishment!!!!

MX510 rocks!

I also use the logitech optical mousman for my laptop....great little sucker, has taken a good amount of abuse and still works without a hitch...doesnt eat batteries either, i change mine every 6-8 weeks. (rechargable baby!)

I use a free mouse pad I got from the local aa baseballe team, that is in the design of a baseball glove and color with an Dell opti mouse (old) with no probulems, I also go stright to my desk sufface and see no differance in tracking. When are the pads coming in and how do I get one? They look killer :nod: