Nice to find a DFI Forum...

Yosho

Hi there... I'm new to the forums (and to overclocking... well not really, but it's been so long it probably doesn't help much now).

It's really nice to see I'll have a place to help answer my questions once I really get back into the hobby. Thank you Mods... ;)

I'm waiting to OC until I get a good enough power supply and a few other upgrades. I just ordered a PC Power and Cooling 510 (and a Lubic-4480 case kit)

I've been thinking about going with OCZ ram this time instead of Corsair XMS. Are there any known problems with different brands of ram on our boards? Especially when OC'd?

Thx

there's a gentleman here named OCZTony who works for OCZ, and is a master overclocker (and also modifies bioses under the name BigToe). He's your best bet to PM and get a recommendation on OCZ memory.

we also have a Buffalo rep here, named memoryman (Bruce). Buffalo RAM is excellent quality for very low price (usually lol).

I can say ive found no problems with my OCZ on any of the Intel boards. My fav board is still the LanParty I875B and I've overclocked that thing like a madman hehe.

now i have this mini-A64 K8M800-MLV and an A64-3400+ so i might not touch the Intel board for a while...but I still think they overclock the best, and are the most mature, reliable boards/cpu's on the market.