Sign in to follow this  
Tristan_NZ

FX5900XTV settings HELP!

Hi Guys,

Does anyone happen to know or know of where I can find the AGP voltage setting value for my Albatron FX5900 XTV??

the albatron site is as vague as a DFI box manual...hehehe... and can't locate any technical stuff.

thanks

:confused: I wish smileys came with a question mark down here as well. Why? Because I have ?'s. HEhehehehe.

My guess is Albatron, may well not publish a setting they expect to see remain unchanged in the normal course of affairs day to day.

I thought the AGP voltage was designed to raise the voltage to the 1.5V AGP cards. I have seen it written that the AGP voltages you set in the bios are really the voltages that are on the AGP buss itself and not the voltage supplied to the card itself. I find this strange and not really caring too greatly have not done a lot of research. Still my guess is that Albratron does not expect to see AGP volts varying so they do not post such as they built to an AGP specification.

Make sense? How should I know? Hehehehehe. You might check out what the true AGP spec of your card is and thus un-earth what Albatron builds the card to meet and don't expect to see it changed.

Sincerely, RGone...

The stock setting of the card is 1.5V. Seems like my DFIs like to see 1.6 when OCing.

What, if any, program are you using to OC the Card clock and mem? You may want to check out www.guru3d.com as well as www.futuremark.com forums for some tips to get you best performance.

May want to check out this nVidia OC guide as well http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74787

It seems like there is some proggie that automatically bumps and tests the mem/core clocks automatically on its own until it finds the highest stable core then starts on the memory. I'll try and remember what its called.

elts - you're right about the program, but remember he's got an nVidia. not gonna steal your thunder cause I know you'll find it.

Tristan - Give a nother look at RivaTuner if you haven't recently, better en ever. Although "Coolbits" always worked fine for me.

would like to point out that Ray Adams who did the "Nvidia Bios Editor" (great utility) released a Great ATI utility called "ATI Tray Tool" that you can check out over at www.guru3d.com.

Acyually you may be right about the automatic proogy being ATI only. Coolbits does a very good job for Nvidia as does NVMax . I'll keep trying to remember the other proggy too just in case. :nod: But If you know the one I'm talking about go ahead and post it Sound otherwise I'll obsess about it til it drives me nuts :shake:

Oh, sorry elts_drac, time is up. BUZZER.

the correct answer is:

ATITool

2004-05-14 06:17:18

W1zzard - Author

1.2 MB

brought to you by the folks that bring good things to your vid card

www.guru3d.com

However as a condolence prize we are making you our 1st DFI Grand Master. hehehe. Hey, liken your posts. Jus wish I had time to read all of em. hehehe

Seriously though, big thanks for sending the Chomerics stuff. You da man! and congratulations.

the Chomerics did go out in the mail yesterday so I'm thinking you should get it by Friday. I found the ATItool in a couple threads last night, but it was way too late to come back and post(I have a 3dguru forum acct too but spend all my time here!)

:P

Hi Peoples,

Thanks for the tips, some of he links wouldn't work though, will try manually searching for suggested links and proogys?? guessing its slang for programs, I read several reveiws on this graphics card not liking overclocking much due to the samsung chips it uses, not what I intended (O/C) choose this one to eliminate my Pinnacle Capture card thus freeing up another PCI slot. Although if there is a way to get even more performance out of it I will investigate at a later date My first priority is to get it all stable first, Last crash was Monday night during a session of Vice City of all things (yes I looked for patches for the game but its not only this game it crashes on.) saved links to the other forums you guys suggested

Thanks

Tristan