Some questions...

While awaiting the return of my bios chip, and the arrival of my bios saviour, I pulled my system apart to mod the case a bit more. While the board was out I inspected it and lo and behold my cpu socket is warped, i.e. not sitting flush to the board on one corner. I remember reading about this problem in the forums and so would like to know what repercussions this has and whether DFI replaces these boards which are obviously of shoddy manufacture.

As well, I've noticed some threads regarding the distinction between boards made in China and those made in Taiwan. My board shows Rev. A on one edge, right underneath it says 'Made in Taiwan' but someone has marked over it with some sort of white paste but I can clearly read through it. Then on the back of the board there is a sticker which says 'Made in China'...

What gives???

It's not THAT big a deal as long as all the pins are soldered on the back side of the socket and you don't plan on using a HS or CPU block that mounts with the 4 holes. I opnly sent mine back because I didn't have all the parts for my machine yet. Frank got mine handled fixed and returned @ NO cost to me in 6 days. If you send it FEDEX on Monday most likely you'll have it back by Friday, and they did an EXCELLENT job handling mine.

The pcb was made in Taiwan, the components on it were put on the board in a factory in China. That's why the sticker says 'Made in China' and the imprint on the pcb is whitened out...

:mad: See those smilies? Hehehehehe. Angry is so MAD, that he cannot straighten up to get to the top shelf where his gun is. Hehehehe. He did something to his back which although he has not sent pictures would show him in something like the hunch-back of NotreDame if I got his one email right.

No I am not laughing because of his broke @ back but at the picture of him moaning about the gun being out of reach. Hehehe.

It really is not that hard to get the repair of the zif socket started, but you may email me at the "blue-light" district in my sig and hopefully the DFI server is rid of the virus bug. That son gun gets where I cannot get email off of it about every weekend. Strange crap. So hop in and tell me you emailed me and I will be looking. I don't like to put email addresses out in open net traffic like this forum. Address scanners start to send garbage immediately.

Sincerely, RGone...

Sorry to hear about Angry, hope he starts feeling better :(

And thanks rgone, Ive been contacted by Donna regarding an RMA for my board.

I only wish I had have noticed this problem before I paid to send my bios chip in to have hot-flashed :(