can u load raid drivers off a cd?

i was wondering when u install windows.

can u load the drivers off of a cd instead of a floppy?

:shake: not that I know anything about. M$ in all their wisdom in making the "most uptodate" O/s still requires a floopy drive to install those third party drivers. With no 'browse' function' you could not map to the cd so it seems no way to me.

An unattended install can be made up that has the raid drivers in it and that will do the install without the need to install the raid drivers from a floppy. Some go that route but it takes a little work and I doubt many will do it. Heck I just keep a floppy drive around for that and then move on.

Sincerely, RGone...

Yes, I am still trying to configure a slipstream'd WinXPpro, with SP1a and the SP2rollup's, etc with the Sil 3112/3114 drivers, as well as the NForce2 drivers, etc all preinstalled... so far no luck.

Saga continues. Small side business for M$oft would be a service...send you WinXp and driver disks to them, they send you back with a SP1-2 version with all your drivers present...for say $49.95?

It can be done using a network install script but then you'd have to have a pc with all the componenets available and then network the new machine to itin order for it to work that way. Did it all the time when i was doing my MCSE a few years ago.