annoying beeping on boot up

Here is the deal, when i try to cold boot(after psu has being unplugged for a little while) the board gives me a very annoying siren, more like a two tone loud beeping and it will not post. As soon as i hit the reset button the board will post just fine. This happens every single time on cold boot. Now if i just shut the computer down without unplugging the psu it never happens, also i dont have any warm boot issues neither. Any ideas as of what may be causing this?, it does it on both 12/31 and 1/21 bios,never tried a different bios than the ones stated above. Thanks in advance for your help.

you have the dang cold boot issue that many have and was hoped to have been fixed by a 'beta' bios 04/29. Well I helped about 70% of those flashing to that bios or 'at least' did not cause another form of booting issue.

Unplugging the power supply does remove the 5v standby voltage and then was always a cold boot problem for me. Elsewhere in a thread or two is made mention that at least 3 boards I arranged for friends to send to DFI and my own personal Ultra Ifinity are being shipped to DFI in Taiwan for testing to see if they can see what is really causing this problem as the three boards in question cannot be flashed to the later beta bios and boot and therefore they are not fixed.

Also sent my memory to DFI USA for use in Taiwan for test and inspection for possible fix. Your problem is not new or unheard of and I cured it on my personal board that is off to Taiwan with a wire mod to make the cpu appear to need 1.775V at startup and the mobo supplied this and my problems went away. That fix is not satisfactory for everyone and 'finally' the factory says send and let us look and> well it is the and part which has yet to be seen.

I followed an old thread that t_ski started in Feb of this year where I saw this cold boot issue discussed extensively and maybe now the factory will finally fix it. I dang well hope so as I am sure more than one hopes.

Only truth I know at this time and as of today is not speculation or BS. However if I was to tell you that an official bios will be releaed in 2 weeks to cure this issue>then that would be wildly speculative and border on pure BS. I had forgotten just how long this dang thing had gone on.

RGone...

Thanks RGONE, trying the 4/29,5/5 bios is out of the question because that killed my previous LP B before i got this one a week ago. Actually this one is an improovment over the older board which had the same problem but without the siren going of but it would take clearing cmos and all kinds of other rituals:D for it to boot.