DFI 875 & Prescott

Guest pastryrocks_merged

Guest pastryrocks

New to the overclocking scene, I purchased a DFI Infinity 875P because of the ‘bang for the buck’.

This is what my DFI is doing so far.

DFI Infinity 875P

2.8E @3.3 & climbing

update 2.8E @ 3.4

Swiftech MCX478V

Vantec 92mm fan

33c idle (fan at lowest speed setting)

48c load (fan at highest speed setting)

26c rear out-take fans w/load

Ran DivX encoder @3.3GHz for almost 2 hours, would not break 50c, stayed 47c-48c.

Guest pastryrocks

No I have no mosfet heatsinks and until I did a goggle I never knew of such things, I am new to this overclocking stuff. At rojakpot.com I found “The MOSFET Heat Sink Guide”, I suppose I should invest in heat sinks for my MOSFETs.

Any thoughs on how to apply Ramsinks to the MOFEST so that if need be I can take them off? I suppose that if I RMA the board, there no need for DFI to know that I overclocked the borad is there?

look on your board and see what revision it is...strange that you just got an Infinity 875P and its not the newest revision...your board is red pcb or the ugly brown pcb?

if my back can stand it, ill take a pic of the latest INF 875P board so you can see what it looks like (and maybe RMA yours to get an up-to-date one...)

Guest pastryrocks

It is red in colour and the user's manual claims that it is a Rev. A+

Guest pastryrocks
Originally posted by Angry_Games

look at the top of the board near where the psu is...there's not any mosfet sinks on the board???

No none. I spoke with the fellow who where I purchased the board/system and he said that it would be a good ideal to add RAMsinks; of course it deepened on how far I wish to take the overclock. At this point I would like to go as far as possible on air.