I got a new one!

I have 3 sticks of RAM, 2x256 KHX3200 PC3200 and 1x512 OCZ Performance Series PC3200. I usually run all 3 in my UI without any problems. However, because I was going for (and achieved) the elusive toaster stauts I took the OCZ stick out and just used the HyperX. Well, as I said, I did the 9.5x250 thing and got my toasty. So I decided it was time to go back to FarCry and I powered off my puter and stuck the OCZ stick back in.

I power on the computer and go directly into the bios to turn down my oc to 11x230 to accomodate my OCZ ram. I used to run it all the time at this pseed, but as soon as the computer restarts it begins beeping at me and won't post. I am like, WTF, because I haven't had hardly any porblems with my board. I try a couple times again, but get the same thing. Then I decided to clear the CMOS and that seemed to work. I set the settings back to 11x230 and it beeps again and won't post. So then I power down the puter and hold down the insert key as I power back up. It boots up and goes into Windows, however the multiplier stays at 11 but the fsb goes to 133. So once again I am like WTF?

I power it back off, take the OCZ stick out, power on and bam! Boots up and goes into Windows at 11x230. I didn't do anything bad to my OCZ while I had it out and it does boot with it in and Windows and cpu-z recognizes. However, it simply won't boot at the old settings that it used to (11x230). So WTF?

Originally posted by Angry_Games

when you hold the INS key at boot, it bypasses your saved settings and boots at defaults. If you reboot again it will boot at your saved settings

Thanks for the heads up, but what about the bigger problem? I just lowered down my oc to 11x220, still nothing but beeps. Then I disable CPC, still beeps. What gives?

I get crap response in memtest on both my boards in dimm 2

(Errors of thousands!) Since I intend to only use a gig on here, I just use 1/3 (3 is best, then 1, then 2 is pretty much unusable)

Since I am mentioning this, anyone have any other observations on slot 2 (HW, bios, etc)??