Sign in to follow this  
dippyskoodlez

Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

... does it comes in red?

umm that was supposed to be the "red" color... but it looks very orange to me. I will see about the red. But don't hold your breath. getting read Acrylic in 3/8" thick sheets cost about as much as my rig....

img22962ye.th.jpg

Here is my new toy.

i've got the same case as you killer, how does that rad at the bottom work? very nice looking case BTW. :)

i've tried setting my Dual BIX down there (i'm still building my system) and it seemed to kill the airflow to the point that i thought it would be worthless setting in at the bottom.

what i ended up doing is suspending my dual BIX in the fron air intake path with zip ties. it's 100% stable and since it's suspended i can run my 4 120's at full speed and there's no vibrational sounds.

TGM

i've got the same case as you killer, how does that rad at the bottom work? very nice looking case BTW. :)

Danger Den make a "Stacker Adapter" to replace the grill on the bottom of the Stacker case. Then the BIX2 rads mounts to that. Very simple mod, remove a couple of screws that hold the grill down, and replace with adapter....

simple, clean, no case cutting.

I get excellent air flow, or I wouldn't have kept the loop the was it is. ;)

Danger Den make a "Stacker Adapter" to replace the grill on the bottom of the Stacker case. Then the BIX2 rads mounts to that. Very simple mod, remove a couple of screws that hold the grill down, and replace with adapter....

simple, clean, no case cutting.

I get excellent air flow, or I wouldn't have kept the loop the was it is. ;)

hmmm, i looked all over your site and there is no fan shroud type adapter or anything, i looked thru every catagory.

could you point me to the correct page?

ty, TGM

EDIT: NVM i just found it in a subcatagory of BIX rads.

Guest thespin
new pics of new toyz that came today courtasy of ebay

Nice rig!

oh 5w33t, i didn't realize there was a mod adaptor in there. i'll have to check it out. thanx

TGM

OMG i'm on that too!!! my bigwater rad still doesn't fit perfectly even on a stacker. god i hate that kit, atleast the block is cool looking..... (i have issues w/ lights, you'll see this in my next pic w/ upgraded sb)

Nice rig!

TY TY much. it's a constant work in progress, soon to have a crossflow, sidewindow, and better yet some 64 bit action

I'll link to it (too lazy to resize lol)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/akai-...ei/IMG_1418.jpg

I took out the fan that was sitting in the upper 3.5" drive bay. I plugged the double-sided molex from the fan in the lower drive bay into my PATA HDD and the SLI molex into that, rather than having the wire from that fan go all the way into my case. I've got one 3-molex/1-FDD wire going into the heart of my case, and that one I routed behind the motherboard. It comes out the bottom, and the molex furthest up the cable can be seen sticking out from behind the board (since the connector's a little too big to fit behind there). Where it come out of the board I plugged my two exhaust and the lowest intake fan into the second molex, and plugged the last molex along with the FDD into the mobo itself. I still haven't gotten the $$ I need to make that order (for the round cables and some lights), but with my guitar audition over I'll be getting a job soon, and I'll hopefully make the order in the next couple of months.

I've also done extensive modification on the fans themselves, specifically the wiring. Originally the fans came with a molex and a 3-pin connector, but I found that all the extra wire was getting in the way, so I shortened the wires according to their placement, removed the yellow wire, and reconnected the molex only. In two instances, two fans were in very close proximity (the exhaust fans, and the two intake fans in the 5.25" array), so what I did was solder the two fans together leaving about an inch of wire from each fan, and this way have only one wire going to two fans.

OMG i'm on that too!!! my bigwater rad still doesn't fit perfectly even on a stacker. god i hate that kit, atleast the block is cool looking..... (i have issues w/ lights, you'll see this in my next pic w/ upgraded sb)

TY TY much. it's a constant work in progress, soon to have a crossflow, sidewindow, and better yet some 64 bit action

i bought my Stacker with the Crossflow fan and that thing really makes a difference over my vid card, altho my ram blocks the flow for my upper portion components, like my mosfets. it does really c00l off the SB too.

as for my dual BIX rad, i just used zip ties to suspend the rad in the front of my case under my 4-in-1 hdd box. works well for case air flow to the rear 120. another c00l side effect of the rad suspension is there's completely no case vibration noise from my 4 90CFM 120's i've got bolted to the rad. :cool:

i'll have pix of my setup in a few weeks; i've still got to purchase some elbows for my SB water block and a high quality Y adapter and the Mobile 4000 Newark. i've been patiently waiting for this month and now i have the funds to do it :)

TGM