Sign in to follow this  
dippyskoodlez

Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

love the lil air filters, where did u find them that small?

I went to a few different auto parts stores. Those are still too big, but they're the best I could find. I've seen pill-shaped ones before... those are what I wanted, but I got sick of looking.

The mess

miscowc0068ya.th.jpg

Okay In The dark

00000148vw.th.jpg

Nothin to spectacular

It's all Soundx98's fault anyway he made me do it.

Insisted I post pics

Nothin could compare to your rigs dude

I keep looking for one of those TFT's reasonable though!!

That would be a mod I'd like to have.

Guest Blooz1

Surfeit - VERY interesting side panel mod!

How did you find filters that size - take a fan with ya, or ask for a certain size ID? (Ever notice how when you ask for something a little unusual in an auto parts store, they look at ya like yer crazy?)

Surfeit - VERY interesting side panel mod!

How did you find filters that size - take a fan with ya, or ask for a certain size ID? (Ever notice how when you ask for something a little unusual in an auto parts store, they look at ya like yer crazy?)

They most definitely did look at me funny. I asked for a filter that had a 12cm interior diameter. I took a cd in with me just so I could put it inside the filter and see how it looked. They asked me if it was for a custom application heh... it certainly is.

Guest Blooz1

HAR! I KNEW it!

The CD was a good idea - perfect size! They make a good template for cuttin' fan holes.

owcraftsman.. That chair looks nice and comfortable with the head rest .. !!

The head rest is great and the open mesh back is Cool literally and great for comfort

To bad the arm rest are wearing out. I'm gonna have to replace it soon.

Blooz! Yeah it was hard to find especially in clear. :nod:

I take my time keeping it spotless as you can see :D

I never thought of going to a Auto Parts store for my puter needs but I'll keep that in mind.

On the other hand I bought an electrostatic filter for my a/c. at Lowe's. Comes with a three layer core. A rigid screen material, mirco foam. and third layer that creates an electrosatic charge. They come one size and you custom cut to fit your return air. What's left over is a modders dream. Easy to cut cleanable and I've heard it helps protect your puter from viruses. Ha! It really does make good filter material and not a bad upgrade for the home enviorment at the same time.

OWC's tip for the day #1024

Guest Blooz1

You'd be surprised at what you can find to use for modding!

I've used "door edge molding" for the edges of case windows - cheap, and you can get it in chrome! (It has to be heated to really do bends, though)

Great source for high grits of sandpaper for heatsink lapping!

REAL cheap source for "splitloom" for sleeving wires if you don't have the patience for the real thing! Especially now - it comes in tons of colors, thanks to the "Fast and Furious" crowd! Also 12V lights of all kinds.....