Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@OceanSeasForMe

Aye Matey, Nicely done. Not flying the Skull & CrossBones on this one?

(hey, diddleydee, it's a Pirate's life for me.)

Thanks Sound. I appreciate your help and been reading that the mbm5 also has nv support now. Nice.

Oh.. Err... Arr~ ! It be stated as rule # 11 of Yee Olde Pirates Handbook.

(and I quote as I make it up...)

"Thy ship shall go under the radar yet she shall sail even keeled and abreast of even the most fleet clipper upon the seas. "

For my next build, the case I plan to use is a tower but it is plain, white, old and heavy and needs to get added airflow before I build in it. But its a Huge (CM stacker Sized heavy duty) beast. Who knows, I need to cut some holes and I might end up with a skull and bones motif. :)

One more time with the sig and a round of grog all around for Edward Teach. I will have to make a better sig for the next one. (I gave this one to the boss so I dont use it much.)

Blackbeard.jpg

well i just finally got around to my watercooled benchtest setup...

Skyhawk (Lian-Li clone that newegg had for $40, all aluminum, removable mobo tray, all that stuff) that had the top cut for a 120mm radiator...now all i have to do is just unhook the mobo from power and the waterblock and put a new mobo on the tray, slide it back in, and instant watercooling.

btw, the DangerDen TDX waterblock is a custom-built universal block that fits

462/478/754/775/939/940 and maybe a few others lol...

waterbench1.jpg

waterbench2.jpg

waterbench3.jpg

waterbench4.jpg

notice that there's a 120mm red LED fan at the top...the radiator is right under that, and on the bottom of the radiator is an Evercool aluminum 120mm fan also...i tried put the entire 2-fan+rad in the 5.25" bays, but it left no room for a cd-rom and a resevoir (and i didnt have a fillport so i had to use a resevoir).

then i decided since putting one fan on top gave me a lil extra room, i dropped the Sunbeam Rheo on it and hooked up all the fans and the pump to it booyah.

it looks frankestein-ishly ugly but thats ok, it is a test bench heh. Only took me 6 months to get around to putting it all together (and then last night, i got all done and went to fill it with water only to realize I put the @$^#@#$#@ RESEVOIR ON UPSIDE DOWN.)

what is worse than putting the resevoir on upside down?

spending 10-15 minutes debating whether i should just turn the entire thing upside down to fill the resevoir and bleed it instead of busting hte lines and getting it in correctly lol (but if you had to fight getting 3/8" tygon on a non-tapered 1/2" inlet...you'd debate for 15 minutes too...GOD what a nightmare that stupid thing was)

@ AG: nice pics. is there a reason why you put the blowhole fan outside case as opposed to in, and just have grill outside, so as to be flush? I'm assuming it was a space issue. nonetheless, sweet.

EDIT: AG wrote: "notice that there's a 120mm red LED fan at the top...the radiator is right under that, and on the bottom of the radiator is an Evercool aluminum 120mm fan also...i tried put the entire 2-fan+rad in the 5.25" bays, but it left no room for a cd-rom and a resevoir (and i didnt have a fillport so i had to use a resevoir)."

DOH, completely missed that, what can i say, it's one of those days. !!!

image.php?u=2&dateline=1121651295

eh bryan didn't you read what i posted about it?

notice that there's a 120mm red LED fan at the top...the radiator is right under that, and on the bottom of the radiator is an Evercool aluminum 120mm fan also...i tried put the entire 2-fan+rad in the 5.25" bays, but it left no room for a cd-rom and a resevoir (and i didnt have a fillport so i had to use a resevoir).

needs more wires :D

hehehe, what is that 2 or 3 WC rigs now? God that stuff must be addicting. You were a virgin 6 months ago. What does it cost to get a really good WC setup? Is it a big hassle maintaining it?

ive got...4 complete water setups now, and all i need are a couple more pumps and some Tygon to make another 2 or 3 (got 3 more blocks, and 3 more radiators, and 2 more resevoirs etc)

they are daunting at first...but really they are very easy...but if you just like throwing stuff together, it is NOT for you.

watercooling is an art in teh sense that you really have to really plan out how you are going to do it, and shopping for a good case for watercooling takes a lot of time.

then you have to do a simple assembly without locking anything down and connecting hoses to make sure everything is going to fit how you want and still leave room for others, no kinks in the tubing, room for the radiator/fans to breathe etc.

then you get to locking all the stuff down and doing measurements for the tubing and such.

then locking the hoses on with clamps, filling it with water mixture or whatever you want that is approved, then putting a little UV dye in it and jump-starting the psu to let it run all night for leak testing....then finally you can power it on

as for maintenance...I have never had to touch a single water cooled rig yet. CPU KILLER says that once a year or 18 months or so you should probably change the water and flush the system out, and some fluids don't require this for a couple years etc

honestly...I would never go back to air. I only use XP-90's in my test rigs (and momma's FX_55 san diego since with everything running, it is nearly silent)

@Toronto1

I noticed you turned your hard drive around in the bay. I have both my P-160 and SuperLanAlterBoy setup the same way. Just that simple move makes the cable management look so much nicer.

what is worse than putting the resevoir on upside down?

spending 10-15 minutes debating whether i should just turn the entire thing upside down to fill the resevoir and bleed it instead of busting hte lines and getting it in correctly lol (but if you had to fight getting 3/8" tygon on a non-tapered 1/2" inlet...you'd debate for 15 minutes too...GOD what a nightmare that stupid thing was)

HEHEHE I know that feeling. I dont use a res I use a T line and I ended up holding the casesidewase at an angle for 20 min wile the system bled. I will get the heat gun out later if I need to.