Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welp, i got my elbows today for my clearence problems. so i decided to just test mount my equipment for running the tubing.

<<>>

<<>>

it all fits without touching! YAY! lol

TGM

Verry nice job,I gotsta git me one o dem stackers...

There are a total of X18 lanes between the two slots. In "normal" configuration the top slot is X16 and the bottom slot is X2.

Once you change to SLI mode, both slots are configured for X8 operation.

i've read from people in this forum, can't recall who right now, but the bottom PCIe slot is an x8 and the top is an x16. and thery were sayingthere's no difference in performance from changing the first slot from x16 to x8 bus speed. the cards aren't bandwidth limited until you get SLI/Crossfire going.

then the new M2 dual core 667 HT Bus, DDR2-667 mem bus comes out. then dual gpu cards in SLI/Crossfire will start coming out and the extra bandwidth allotted for vid cards will be filled up againg, lol.

as computer life goes :O

TGM

The rig I build for my wife:

AMD FX 4600, 2 gigs Corsiar XMS ram, 500 gig HD, 7800 GTX, Thermaltake Big Water SE pluc all Aquabay components, DangerDen 78 GPU block

dsc00326custom3qw.th.jpg

My Laptop:

Hypersonic FX7, AMD X2 4800, 2 gigs Corsair Ram, Geforce Go 7800 GTX, two 100 gig drives

dsc00517custom8xn.th.jpg

DarthBeavis.. Nice man.. I think you need a bigger monitor though..hehe.. :)

btw.. Do you see any benifit from water cooling the ram ?

Just wondering since the tubing looks pretty small on them and im thinking it must be pretty restrictive..

I do not have everything hooked up so we will have to wait to see how well it OC's to guage performance. At any rate, it should be relatively quite.

The Alienware ALX case and the Hypersonic Laptop were painted by Smooth Creations. The laser-etched window done by www.hyperkore.com. I am not much of an artist, so I reply on professionals to get r done ;)

Thanda, thanks for making the pics layout better. I will strive to learn from ur uber l33t forum skillz