Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

Ok well I know a few of you have wanted to see how I did my watercooling in my case, so here's some pics. I'm using a Lian-Li V2000 that has been slightly modded. Don't mind the dust...

Water pump and PSU...hope she never leaks... :rolleyes:

Choke, gag, cough, aaacckk,... lol.

Very nice system. You have my same exact problem -- too much gear inside of the case. Wow, you're using 1/2" ID tubing. What are your temps?

cjoe

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choke, gag, cough, aaacckk,... lol.

Very nice system. You have my same exact problem -- too much gear inside of the case. Wow, you're using 1/2" ID tubing. What are your temps?

cjoe

Generally around 17C (ish, room temperature varies a lot depending on wind...) and around 24-26C load. If I open my window it'll drop damn fast, If I'm folding or priming for a long time I'll generally leave it open.

I really like the 1/2" tubing, just looks like it should work better than 1/4" tiny tubes.

And yeah, definitely have too much stuff, routed things pretty well though so airflow gets to where it needs to be.

Thats very orange, is that gonna be available to everyone?

By the way, how much success have you guys has with those new Ati waterblocks, I might have to throw one into my system soon. Damn fan is loud as hell and doesn't cool worth a damn.

The colored UV acrylic will be avalable for all soon. Just need to add it onto the site (it also cost more....)

If you have been overclocking with the ATI cards (x1800, x1900) you won't belive how much further you can go with the DD waterblocks installed. You will luv it!!

Generally around 17C (ish, room temperature varies a lot depending on wind...) and around 24-26C load. If I open my window it'll drop damn fast, If I'm folding or priming for a long time I'll generally leave it open.

I really like the 1/2" tubing, just looks like it should work better than 1/4" tiny tubes.

And yeah, definitely have too much stuff, routed things pretty well though so airflow gets to where it needs to be.

The larger bore tubing definately allows greater waterflow for the newer highly restrictive but higher performance waterblocks. I thought of using 1/2" ID but it was very difficult to work with. I settled on 3/8" ID tubing instead. My Expert mobo reports temps of ~24C/31C (Idle/Load) but I'm sure the mobo is reporting incorrectly. So, I have MBM compensate by adding 9C to the CPU temp.

My loop: Pump -> Rad -> CPU -> Rad -> Vid -> Chipset -> Res -> back to pump.

BTW: Since you have 6hd, have you considered a back plane? I don't use 9hd simultaneously all the time, I like being able to easily turn on/off the drives independently. I'm probably going to get a 2nd back plane which will allow me to turn on/off all my drives.

cjoe

BTW: Since you have 6hd, have you considered a back plane? I don't use 9hd simultaneously all the time, I like being able to easily turn on/off the drives independently. I'm probably going to get a 2nd back plane which will allow me to turn on/off all my drives.

cjoe

Back plane? Anyways 4 of my drives are raid 0 and I'm usually doing something on the others. All my music is stored on one and the other contains movies and whatnot for video editing.

The colored UV acrylic will be avalable for all soon. Just need to add it onto the site (it also cost more....)

If you have been overclocking with the ATI cards (x1800, x1900) you won't belive how much further you can go with the DD waterblocks installed. You will luv it!!

I'll have to pick up one soon, probably stay with the clear acrylic though, looks better to me anyways. Not like I don't have enough room for it...

Back plane? Anyways 4 of my drives are raid 0 and I'm usually doing something on the others. All my music is stored on one and the other contains movies and whatnot for video editing.

Here are a couple from Newegg.

Back Planes

I keep my 2 Raid0 Sets in my CM Stacker 830 4-in-3 frame and 4 single sata drives in the Back Plane. Although I do video editing between the two raid0 sets, I don't use both of them concurrently all the time. When I get my second back plane, I can turn the Raid0 sets on/off as needed. The Back Plane allows for hotswap while the NF4 chipset sees sata drives as removable devices. Now the drives stay cooler and are more reliable in the long run.

cjoe

Here are a couple from Newegg.

Back Planes

I keep my 2 Raid0 Sets in my CM Stacker 830 4-in-3 frame and 4 single sata drives in the Back Plane. Although I do video editing between the two raid0 sets, I don't use both of them concurrently all the time. When I get my second back plane, I can turn the Raid0 sets on/off as needed. The Back Plane allows for hotswap while the NF4 chipset sees sata drives as removable devices. Now the drives stay cooler and are more reliable in the long run.

cjoe

Does this back plane increase your HDD capacity, or do you still have to hook each one up independently?

Does this back plane increase your HDD capacity, or do you still have to hook each one up independently?

No. Its just a box that holds removable trays that your hard drives sit in. The Sata cables still have to connect to the back of the Back Plane. Look at post #429. You can see the Back Plane in pic #2. It holds 4 Sata trays that can be independently turned on/off and hot-swapped. In pic #4, there are 4 sata cables attached to the back plane. The bottom 2 are yellow and the top 2 are grey -- the grey ones are hard to see (ran out of UV yellow cables).

Stacker 830 Pictures

I would recommend this to anyone who has lots of drives or uses Raid5.

cjoe

img22962ye.th.jpg

Here is my new toy.

oh thats just sexy..........

hmmm i was just going to pick up an intro kit.......... maybe i should wait until u got the UV acrylic? :P

...maybe not..... i dont have a UV cathode lol

looks pretty tho'... does it comes in red?