Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this case for a very long time now I just love it and I must say it just keeps getting better every day . any way thought I would share some case pictures with you all . I have some new stuff coming this week and I will add new pictures as I get the stuff .

dsci0013tz0.jpg

dsci0011ja8.jpg

Side panels a decoupaged using pictures of my game PREY I printed them out on construction paper and glued them into place . After 24 hours I used a mate finish one them let sit for 24 hours and varnished them in 4 coats .

dsci0008dd4.jpg

dsci0006fa5.jpg

dsci0005ei9.jpg

dsci0004sb5.jpg

dsci0001rc3.jpg

Hope you like . I am always looking for new things to do ..

Looks good. For the big circle on the side panel, is it just an hole or is it clear acrylic ?

That is a piece of clear acrylic I cut with a dremel I had to also drill the holes for the mounting screws as well .The top is glass ( from a picture frame ) .

Thank You I am glad you like it . there will be more when I get the new HSF installed soon .

OK, here goes, a few pics of my current rig...

My reverse mounted drives... before I got my HX620W...

drives.jpg

A couple 7900GTXs in SLi :-) again before the new PSU

sli.jpg

My Software Fan Controller:

tp101.jpg

and finally the whole shebang:

view.jpg

side.jpg

All the case screws have now been replaced with nylon thumbscrews from smallparts.com

My next project is to take the whole freaking thing to pieces so that I can cut the panel that the MB mounts to in two pieces, and mount a continuous hinge (already purchased from smallparts.com) all the way up so that a "door" swings open to allow access to the other side of the drive cage... cause I tell you what, it's a pain in the donkey to get at the other side...

Also a few more cables to finish sleeving when I get time... I'm too stubborn to pay for a molex pin tool so it takes me a little longer to poke the pin catches with a needle :-)

Also need to get some nylon nuts so I can mount the fans with plastic thumbscrews as well... I want every piece of case hardware to be plastic eventually... except maybe the screws holding on the handles.... tried nylon for those ones once already.... didn't turn ut so well, ask my big toe... luckily nothing broke... my toe was ok too :-)