FedEx pisses me off!!!

elts_drac

Ok AG and Frank and I had a good thing going on getting my ZIF issue resolved(AG there is no reason to talk to Frank about this because we spoke on the phone today). FedEx picked up Wednesday.

When I shipped it to DFI it went from here to Spokane to Seattle and was in California less than 24 hours later(FEdEx easily could have delivered it the next day but since I shipped 2nd day they made the most of itas it sat in Oaklands sort facilitty for 10 hours!!!).

Ship date May 19, 2004

Delivery date/time May 21, 2004 11:36 am

Delivered to Ship'g/Receiv'g Delivery location HAYWARD CA

Service type FedEx 2Day Service

May 21, 2004 11:36 am Delivered HAYWARD CA

7:28 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery UNION CITY CA

6:31 am Arrived at FedEx Destination Location UNION CITY CA

May 20, 2004 7:02 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility OAKLAND CA

9:28 am Arrived at Sort Facility OAKLAND CA

6:58 am Left FedEx Ramp SEATTLE WA

4:53 am Arrived at FedEx Ramp SEATTLE WA

May 19, 2004 7:54 pm Left FedEx Ramp SPOKANE WA

6:08 pm Arrived at FedEx Ramp SPOKANE WA

5:07 pm Left FedEx Origin Location YAKIMA WA

11:48 am Picked up by FedEx YAKIMA WA

So I ship my board last Wednesday, it got there Friday, was fixed, but because the FedEx label was screwy they couldn't read the return address. No one in shipping thought to ask Frank, who already had my info in email, so they emailed me for it. By the time I got the email it was too late to ship.

So my board gets shipped yesterday and here is the fedex data in order:

Ship date May 25, 2004

Estimated delivery date May 27, 2004 by 4:30 pm

Delivery location YAKIMA WA

Service type FedEx 2Day Pak

5:00 pm Picked up by FedEx UNION CITY CA

6:34 pm Left FedEx Origin Location UNION CITY CA

May 25, 2004 11:08 pm Arrived at FedEx Ramp OAKLAND CA

12:45 am Left FedEx Ramp OAKLAND CA

4:51 am Arrived at FedEx Ramp SACRAMENTO CA

5:50 am Left FedEx Ramp SACRAMENTO CA

12:52 pm Arrived at Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN

May 26, 2004 3:04 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN

Ok now the funny part is that I live in right in the middle of Washington State and we all know DFI is in central California.So on the return trip they send it 2000 miles out of the way to FREAKN TENNESSEE. It wouldn't be a big deal except for noon tomorrow I leave to go camping for 5 days for Memorial Day and there won't be anyone here to pick up my much traveled and never used $140 LPII, and on top of that its supposed to rain here for the next 4 days which means if they leave it, it'll be ruined by the time I get home!

OMG FedEx pisses me off!

My roomate is going to stay behind and wait for it then come camping on friday after work. The real point of the thread was that FedEx could be doing a much better job or charging us less for the one its doing now.

You gotta love it when the stuff is in your local FedEx warehouse and it sits there for an extra day just because it was shipped "2 day".

It's not like they can't do it - I ordered some memory from Crucial a while back. I placed the order after I got home from work (second shift), so it was probably about 12-1:00 am. They shipped it "2 day", but it arrived at my doorstep within 12 hours from the order time! And that's going from AG's back door (Spudsville Idaho) to BFE, Illinois.

i have had mixed experiences,i bought a mobo yesterday and its gonna be here today, from cali to oregon :) i live about 1 hr from major cities in each dircetion...a leter sent to me from the one to the east,w ent to the one to the west then back to me...confusing, but basicaly they went outta their way to maek it go slower/longer :( how ghey of them

t_ski - I know a Fedex girl from BFE, Illinois. Big One too.

Said there was sum sorta "rift in time thingy" between Spudsville Idaho and BFE Illinois when she was over last night. Prolly explains the 12 hour delivery. I must be havin the "Bizarro Rift in Time" cause Fedex takes two days from the terminal to my store 2 blocks away.

Pretty sure that "ship it to Memphis" deal is the same logic that put Dallas in the Eastern Divison of the NFL. Not sure, but just seems awful similar.

Well part 2 of the Fex-Ex saga continues. I left @ Noon on Thursday to go camping for Memorial Day and my roomate stayed behind to pick up the package(which I had to Split his share of the wood in trade). So Wednesday night I had ordered a new 4 port broadband router, 250' of cat5-e, and 50 4x dvd-r's from Newegg. Shipping was FedEx ExpressSaver and the tracking showed delivery set for Tue June 1. Well when I got home this evening and checked the tracking it showed an attempt to deliver Friday @ Noon! I just can't seem to win no matter what I do!

i just bought some 4x TDK DVD+R's on sale at Best Buy (25 @ $19.99) and they burn perfect in my NEC 2500A (got to love the $89 price on that NEC DVD burner from newegg!!!)

Jean @ DFI just sent me some brochures, a couple of T-Shirts and a big DFI banner today...I think I mebbe can give a t-shirt or two away in the forums when we have been around for a month ;)

/me loves FedEx btw hehe

I got my NEC for 76.99 and it's been perfect. My set-top is older so it doesn't do so well but i can take them to my friends and play em just fine. Fed-Ex just showed a while ago with my router, cat5e and the dvd's so all is well. The mobo came back and looks great, and Donna sent out my install cd's last week.