Is this bad for everyday use?

I have an AMD 2500+ non-mobile overclocked to 200FSB...my voltage is listed below.

My idle temps is 40-42C

My load tems is 46-48C

Is that bad for 24/7 use?

Thanks for any input :)

im with you dude...anything under 50°C is fine with me on AMD cpu's. Long term high voltages can be a bit of a problem on weak cpu's...but I don't know of any AthlonXP cpu's (Tbreds or newer) that have croaked from up to 2v. I've seen em die within a month or three at 2.2v though.

i guess you can figure that by the time yours died (1.85v, under 50°C...should last a while), another AthlonXP will be cheap or it will be time for A64 or something heh.

translation: its all good

I still have an ASUS P2/400 w/ 128MB of PC66 that is still runing since 1997 and all I've had to replace is the PSU, a vga cable and add a second 13GB hard drive, and I've only had to reload W98SE once!

I run my Xp palomino 2.3vcore at aircooling, max temps at stress were 92C degrees ;), idle was 65. Another palomino I run 2.2vcore with watercooling, max only 65. TBred A 1800+ I run 2.2vcore with water max ~67. TBred B 2.0vcore, max ~60, more volts did nothing. My friend runs his mobile 2500+ at 2.35vcore, with water, max ~72, idle ~40. Now I'm running my 1.35V mobile 2400+ 1.95vc max 51, idle 35, it seems that this chip does not like vcore over that.. But hey I will burn this son of a bitc# with 2.0vcore and 2Ghz perhaps this will work better after few days of burning....

All cpu's I've used run just ok and I've sold them to another guys and haven't yet heard that they were not satissified or the cpu broke down after some time.

My point is that people give way too much attention to the temps. They are not even accurate. There are 5-15C differences in cpu temps between the motherboards that one uses with the cpu. And I'm quite sure no one in this forus is going to use his/her amd cpu for the next 20 years right? One must be very unlucky if the cpu brakes down for lets say 2.0vcore oc with 70C max temps.. If it happens there is allways the warranty..