Ram sockets Loose??

Just a quick question Just had a storm roll through and we lost power for a few minutes. after restarting i got just long post beeps and figured i may have killed my ram.So i pull it out and try 1 stick at a time and all is fine put in both but it seems that the sockets are loose, not to loose ithink but much looser than any other board i have had . It took a couple of trys to get it to recognize the ram again and even tried some generic pc2100 and still got the long post beeps . Im up and going now after some more fiddlin but anybody else have a loose ram sockets?

OK is the RAM loose in the socket, or is the socket loose on the mobo? It sounds like its loose in the socket and all 184 pins aren't making solid contact. You can try very carefully with a stiff needle to GENTLY pry the contacts in the socket outward to exert a little more pressure on the module.

At first only with it on its side but now seems to be booting fine but I have only rebooted a couple of times To get my o/c set back up. The ram seems loose in the socket not the socket on the board. When swapping it between the slots it just "felt " to easy going in, almost like dropping in a cpu but just a tad tighter. It locks into place no problem.