12volt rail

I just noticed that since I isnstalled this new mobo, the 12v reading from MBM5 is at 10.70V. Isnt that a little too low!? I have a antec true480 watt, and with the Asus, it was running right around 12v.

Could it be because I amjust burning this thing in (at 240x5) and it is not sucking much, or is not needing much? thanks for help.

4 pin what? My Asus mobo did not require a 4pin, and I am not sure that my PSU has one, lol. I am sure it has tho. I just must find it. But that means that I have to stop prime95 dammit. How come it wasnt low at all on my Asus board with no 4 pin?

it's deja vu for many of us.

Like Akexia says it's a square little pin (two yellow/two black wars) that plugs it right below CPU.

Your ASUS may not have used it. 1st AMD board I had that used it as well. Most decent PSUs have a connector for it.

prolly all wadded up and stuck away with the AUX connector.

Yes! you were right, I did find it and plugged 'er right in and now I'm at 11.97v. thanks!!

Now one more thing... what the heck is "Superbypass" in the bios? I disabled it, and see no difference. anyone?

The first image is approxiamately what the 4 pin connector looks like in a simplified diagram.

4pin%20diag.jpg

This is where the 4 pin is located where indicated by the yellow arrow(sorry its partially obscured and my board isn't here to take a better pic of for you.

4pin.jpg

Hope this helps you out.(Damn looks like it took me too long to make my graphics and he already figured it out :mad:

Dear Customer,

The additional ATX 12V connection housing is design for providing independent power source for CPU. On DFI AMD platforms, we provide independent source for CPU and also reserved the power sharing from system power connector. Even if you don’t plug the additional 12V connection, the system still can run normally. We recommend you connecting the additional 12V to provide CPU an independent power source to guarantee the better stability. If the PSU supplier does not attach the connector for additional 12V, you can buy the adaptor from computer accessory store.

For all Intel P4 platforms, additional 12V is absolutely required since there will be higher power consumption for CPU.

Best Regards,

DFI Support

straight out of the sticky at the top ;)

Originally posted by Angry_Games

straight out of the sticky at the top ;)

Haha, I guess I need to read more closely :D I wonder what would have happened in games and such if that wouldnt have been connected.