is the Intel chipset LP any good?

Never here talk about the Intel based board....

Might want to build an Intel system... Does the Intel LP OC as well as the nForce board?

Any known issues? Why should I and/or why shouldn't I get an Intel LP?

Thanks

Exeter

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken, they don't have near the issues the nforce boards do. I maybe be wrong, but thats what I've learned/seen in various forums. I too have thought of throwing an DFI intel LP board together. I've never done an intel rig and like yourself have gave it some consideration.

I just read a review on the P4 LP board and it blew away the standard intel board without oc'n it and hit something like 1100 fsb. I haven't payed much attention to other P4 boards, but that to me is rather impressive and this is what made me decide to scrap my NF2 board and go P4.

The 875P from Travis has told me is very nice. Mainly because Intel makes its own chipsets for its own CPUs, you general have very few problems.

Its the cost though. Lanparty 875P is $174 then throw in a nice 2.4C for $169.

$343

Compared to Lanparty NFII Ultra B for $142 and a nice Mobile 2400+ for $75.

$217.

However, you will NOT be disappointed by the overclocking abilities of the Intel setup. It'll blow the AMD setup completely away. Just that you are paying the price for that. The mobile will probably hit at least 2.4ghz while the 2.4C wouldn't surprise me to been seen at 3.0 to 3.2.

(To note, the Infinity 875 is around $130.)

Originally posted by exeter_acres

Thanks for the replies...that is one of my arguments for staying with AMD...the cost...

But I am stil intrested...may have to save up some cash!

Additionally, while I would love to have THAT much performance... I don't have that money to waste 3.2ghz typing this message. :shake:

DFI LanParty PRO875B using a 2.4C - P4 with Kingston HyperX PC-4300 memory running it a 1:1.

270D1A.jpg

270D1B.jpg

PAT mode is working fine as is Hyper-Threading.

i think that the dfi amd 64 mobo is comin soon, i would wait till that comes out...it might blow away the intel shiz..im considering intel too, just because it outperforms amd xp's..but a64's will kick intels..i think right now is a big time for cpu makers to upgrade, i would wait for a little before u spend alotta dough on a new rig! :)

Guest JungleMan

I have an Infinity 865PE. Pretty good board, I've had it up to 250fsb, but not sure what the true max of the board is...

But I would not go with an Intel setup at this time. Get a good A64 board with a chip and call it a day :)

i trust the Intel setups as they have been around longer. The new A64's are smokin' fast no doubt, but new products (specifically new chipsets and cpu's) bring about a load of issues.

im quite impressed with my A64 K8M800 board right now...but I'd go with Intel 865/875 chipsets for reliability and speed (RAID controllers)